• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002 Fuel Line Replacement/Upgrade

Jimc

that looks right to me. you cant really buy better hose than that. the stuff is awesome. easy to make up as well without special tools. you put the hose in a vise with maybe 2" sticking up. warm the hose with a heat gun. put a little oil on the barb fitting and push it on. if its tight hit it with a block of wood and a hammer or a dead blow hammer to get it completely set. im not sure if the 6an size you have there is right or not. youll have to double check that. im not sure what that converts to since im not super familiar with the AN sizes. im sure there is a conversion chart somewhere.

zoltarp

Yeah the size thing is what's holding me back right now, did you see the prices on the fittings? They were more than double that on Jegs and Summit.

Ray70

Check your sizes before you buy, I think the fuel system uses both -6an and -4an fittings. Most of them are -6 but if I recall correctly there is at least 1 line ( possibly the fuel return to the tank) that is a smaller.... must be a -4. Sometimes the fittings will be marked on the side with a 4 or a 6 if you look real close.

DeucesWild11

Now that we're getting into the warmer weather I want to mount my 50 gallon tank and run some new lines to it. All these links will definitely help me out, thanks! Let us know how you make out and if those wind up being the correct links soltarp.

Ray70

This weekend I went to look to see if I have everything I need to hook up an external fuel source to one of my MEP-002A's and noticed that the majority of the fuel lines on the machine are NOT -6 AN fittings but rather 5/16 JIC, as stated earlier in this thread. The return line to the tank is smaller, possibly a 1/4 JIC or -4 AN. So if you're working on your fuel system look for 5/16 JIC 37 to 1/4" hose fittings, not -6AN fittings.

Jimc

yes i remember my dad going to the local hydraulic shop here in town to get a line made and they told him it wasnt a standard 45deg fitting and it was a 37 or something like that. i never looked into it any further.

Keith_J

I just got fuel line and reused the old fittings, using clamp ferrules for air hose. It isn't high pressure.