• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 002A/003A Auto Start Kit

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay guys.Keep this post as an information thread and NOT a for sale thread. If you can't do that then all of it goes into the trash can.

For Sale items are NOT allowed in the open forums and you must be a premium member or a Vendor to post items for sale.

Peter, Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and posting info on this matter. You may want to contact the site administrator about becoming a Vendor.

Last edited:

storeman

Picked up Peter's devices from the PO and received my contacters from flea-bay. All I need is time. Hopefully next week.
Jerry :grd:
Well, "next week" stretched out a bit but I can report that I finally installed Peter's auto start boards this weekend and they work very well. I have serial numbers 1 and 2. (Collector's items someday?) The system I built includes the load transfer contactors and a switch from Gen 1 to Gen 2. Still have not upgraded the wiring to my panel from #8 to #6, but that is on the horizon. Pictures to follow.

Thanks Peter for great customer support!
Jerry:beer:

BTW: Learned that he has done a kit for the 004a as well in cooperation with someone on the SS board.

Last edited:

storeman

I'm running about 95' counting the wire through the basement wall to my panel, the run alongside the house and, then under the deck to the gen shed. I had no problems with the 002a but when I added the 003a, decided to upgrade to #6 and go to 60 amp 240 breakers in the panels protected by my knock-off interlocks.