• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-002a Help

Guyfang

Staff member
S7? What is that. I looked through the manuals. Only thing I can find is the starter disconnect. Nothing to turn
Sorry. S-7 is on other gen sets, not this one you have. Sorry. Working too many problems right now.

When you say throttle, are you manually operating the fuel/engine speed by raising/lowering the arm that is supposed to perform this function? Its connected to a big fat solenoid? Is that what you mean? If so, the solenoid is supposed to perform that function. If, for instance, the oil pressure switch is bad, the solenoid will not work. Safety feature.

holley68

Thanks guys. I'll try to do some trouble shooting. I've got time, when I am not working (po po never off). Looks like I'll be without power for a while.

holley68

The arm on the pump drops as soon as the knob is released. But the solenoid is still up. Any idea what would cause if from staying connected with the solenoid.

Guyfang

Staff member
The arm on the pump drops as soon as the knob is released. But the solenoid is still up. Any idea what would cause if from staying connected with the solenoid.
So, what you are saying is that you turn the S-1 start switch to start, and the gen set starts up? And runs? Then as soon as you release the S-1, the engine shuts off? Will the set continue to run as long as you hold the S-1 in the start position? Remember, you can hold the S-1 in the start position, and it does not, or should not, hurt anything.

holley68

Yes it will start and run. If I hold the injector pump arm up it will continue to run after I release starter. The solenoid is not pressing down on it. I have tried different locations for the throttle adjustment cable with no effect.

Guyfang

Staff member
Try the troubleshooting in the TM 5-6115-584-12, Page 4-7. Troubleshooting step 9, Engine cranks normally, but fails to start. Step one is to test the stop solenoid. When you click on the link, it takes you to page 4-21, Paragraf 4-23. Follow the instructions to test the fuel cutoff solenoid.

holley68

Thanks. Bad connection. Cleaned it up started and keep going. Got it wired for 120/240. Hooked it up and made sure switch are setup for this. But I am not getting power at the lugs. Getting 125 volts at the front.

Guyfang

Staff member
OK, I think you mean it runs right now. BUT you have no output to the TB-1 (output terminal lugs), but do have it to the 110 outlet. If so, then you need to open up the AC Output Control Assy, and measure the input voltage on the CB-1 output contactor. You should exercise both the CB-1 and the S-6 Reconnection Switch while the set is NOT running. NEVER move the S-6 while the set is running.

And you measured from the neutral to each leg?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks