• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 002a Not producing Electricity, I am looking for someone who is familiar with the 002a to work on it.

chb32nj

Thanks Guy and Ray, this Sunday I will be checking over everything with a magnifying glass and try and get F1 & F2 and T2 & T5 figured out. This past Sunday after getting it apart I ran out of time to do a thorough inspection.

chb32nj

Hello Everyone, I want to give a status update on my 002a. I took the exciter stator to my local starter alternator shop. He tested it with his equipment and it definitely has a broken wire in one of the windings. I found a place locally that rewinds motors and they quoted me $1k+. I was able to find a gen end from a SS member. I will be picking it up as soon as my work schedule slows down. It might not happen until after Christmas.
As soon as I get it back together I will post an update.
I want to thank everyone again for all the guidance and help you have given me. Words can’t express my appreciation!
Happy Thanksgiving to all SS members! Thanks, Chris

Triple Jim

In IMG_6768.jpg, what is that small mess I see in the top of the coil that's at the bottom of the photo, in the 6 o'clock position?

(oops, I didn't see the last couple of posts)

chb32nj

Update for everyone. I finally was able to get to SC to pick up the 002a generator coils from SCSG-G4. Hopefully I will get the coil installed by the weekend. I will keep updating the progress.
Thanks Mike for your help. I wish I could have stayed longer to see your entire collection!

Attachments

chb32nj

Ah, I know you have some equipment so I thought you may have taken it with you.
My original plan was to bring my mini excavator. I noticed a couple of cracks in the trailer tires and I did not want to take a chance of a blowout. In the end it was probably better just to rent from HD.

Ray70

Good work getting that 5k through that shed door! By the looks of the picture I thought you would have needed 50 gallons of Wiley Cyote's ACME grease and 4' shoe horn to get it out of there, but looks like you did it safely and damage-free!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good work getting that 5k through that shed door! By the looks of the picture I thought you would have needed 50 gallons of Wiley Cyote's ACME grease and 4' shoe horn to get it out of there, but looks like you did it safely and damage-free!
Ray, he had about an inch of clearance total between the sides of the door frame. He made it look like a piece of cake! Chris walks on water with heavy machinery!

chb32nj

I want to give everyone an update. I also have a correction to make from two of my previous posts.
I started working on my 002a today. The first thing I did was check the winding resistance on both coils. Mike checked the F1 & F2 for me when I first talked to him and it had 32.7 ohms resistance so I knew the exciter stator was good and I could fix my coil with it. I was hoping that everything else was good so I could just drop one in and not have to take it apart for the exciter stator. Today I tested the P9 plug and the P10 plug as stated in the TM exactly as I did on my coil using the chart (post #27 & #45) I made to record the readings. Everything tested good except for test #5, open circuit on both coils. That was the same result on my coil. I knew all 3 coils could not have the same bad circuit. I went back to the TM and found my mistake.
Here is the correction; Test #5 is T2 & T5 which is P9D and P10F. When I wrote down all the crossovers from wire to plug position I made a mistake for T5 and listed it as P9F instead of P10F. All 3 coils now test good. I am going to attach the corrected test charts for coils A & B. Is it possible for a moderator to insert a note on post #27 & #45 stating there is a correction to the chart, directing them to this post? I do not want someone to copy and use that chart and repeat my mistake.
Coil A is lowered in and ready to be bolted to the engine. Hopefully I will have it running tomorrow!

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
Go back to post #27 & #45. Look to the left, lower part of the screen. Then to the right of LOCATION. You will see the button EDIT. Click there and go into your "document" and make changes. You can and maybe should add at the bottom of the document, that you edited the post. Its not hard.

chb32nj

Go back to post #27 & #45. Look to the left, lower part of the screen. Then to the right of LOCATION. You will see the button EDIT. Click there and go into your "document" and make changes. You can and maybe should add at the bottom of the document, that you edited the post. Its not hard.
Thanks Guy, I thought there was a small time frame for editing after making a post. Anyway, its all done. Thanks

chb32nj

Hello Everyone! The Generator end is in, and everything is back together. Today was the first start up test and everything is working and now my 002a is producing power!
HALLELUJAH! :)
I did not do a complete load test today. I should be able to do it tomorrow. I did plug in a heat gun and it worked perfectly. I can hear a slight strain on the engine the second I turned it on and the hertz dropped slightly. The hertz gauge is not working but the percent load and the AC volts gauges are working. The kill a watt ez meter worked great.
I want to thank everyone here that helped me with this repair project. A special shout out thanks to Guyfang and Ray70! And thank you to SCSG-G4 for selling me the Generator End.
IMG_7058.PNGIMG_7059.PNG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks