• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003 vs MEP-004 House backup power

leedawg

ditto nothing wrong with mulitable sets i aquired my oo4 because of the price. got it for $750.00 somtimes the deals are on the bigger sets as we all know the 003 is very popular. .5 gph. more than the 003 and the sound is easier on the ear than the 003 to me.

Agreed both the 004 and 005 are noisy but its a much lower tone and its easier on the ears. I can still hear the 005 running from my house and its way over at the barn (400 yds away). The 003 and 002 have more of a cracking noise to them, and they are air cooled which makes them much louder as well.

There are great deals to be had on the bigger sets, my 005 was 600 bucks and runs like a top hard to not pick one up at that price.

FormerNewMVGuy

I have a PU 794/G which is a modified mep-004, it is modified to 20 kw, it is a 120- 208 V unit only, I run off of two legs and the neutral. I run my whole house and polebarn, it will go from 10% power, To 60% power with a heavy load.
I ran the unit for 14 Days during Sandy, Never shut it down, checked the oil and the fuel twice daily.
15 gallons of fuel last about 24 -30 hours depending on load. This is a precise power unit with an electronic governor, As far as i'm concerned , It is the cats pajama's!
Best genny I have ever owned.

BTW it has the ASK and is very quiet!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks