• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003a won't start, really confusing

storeman

Don't take offense at the basics below:

I don't recall you saying anything about adjusting valves, but I'd pull the valve covers, adjust valves and be sure that all ports are open on the oil pick-up/distribution pipe.

Oil flows to the heads through a port in the valve cover and is distributed over the valves, etc via small holes in the pipe attached to the valve cover. Pipe must be over the oil source hole in the head to pick up and distribute the oil. Might even use a bit of compressed air to blow down through the head at it's feed point to the valve cover port. Make sure the feed hole is not covered by the gasket. Gasket fits the head 2 ways, one is correct, one isn't. Little hole in gasket has to be on top of feed hole from head and unrestricted.

I assume the louvered vents below the exhaust are opening as required.

Jerry :beer:

Last edited:

Milhouse

yes, louvers are opening, thank you for the info on the oil tube, we'll open it up and check it this weekend. The valves are definitely louder than other units, this is why we know the oil is not getting there... plus the oil was not heating up... the gasket may be the culprit as my mechanic had the covers off while looking for an oil leak... may have put it back wrong. I'll keep U posted... Thank You!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks