• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-004A Supply lift pumps

puddlejumper

OK I have a few questions and I am looking for some parts again. First does the MEP-004A need two supply pumps? My second question is does anyone have a set of these that they would like to part with? I had asked this question as part of another thread but thought that I needed to ask it as a stand alone to avoid a hijack.

Attachments

1800 Diesel

I've seen a few threads where Facet 24v pumps are available online for under $100 each, maybe about $75 or so? I have an MEP-004A that may end up becoming a parts unit, but until I run the engine and also verify if the gen head is good, I won't make that call....

1800 Diesel

Do you think I need one or two of the Facets? The specs seem more than adequate for needing only one. But then why did they run two Facets in the original setup?
I believe only one pump is needed, but I have not done that myself so better wait 'til others comment too. If you need the aux tank setup, I would think the wiring may need some mods, but again, I haven't had to do this so therefore haven't studied the details of the system.

towrecker

OK I have a few questions and I am looking for some parts again. First does the MEP-004A need two supply pumps? My second question is does anyone have a set of these that they would like to part with? I had asked this question as part of another thread but thought that I needed to ask it as a stand alone to avoid a hijack.
they will run on just one pump , one of mine was bad , so I thought let's remove it , and try it out , it has logged 4-5 hours testing with not a single hiccup ...but I doubt one pump will be enough to pull from an aux fuel source , but unless the end of the world comes , I can use a siphon pump and refuel the beast as needed ...by the way , I used the fuel pump power wire for the pump closest to the engine , and taped the plug for the other pump , I don't know if that matters or not , just what I did , and had success... good luck !

Last edited: