• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-004A Supply lift pumps

puddlejumper

OK I have a few questions and I am looking for some parts again. First does the MEP-004A need two supply pumps? My second question is does anyone have a set of these that they would like to part with? I had asked this question as part of another thread but thought that I needed to ask it as a stand alone to avoid a hijack.

Attachments

1800 Diesel

I've seen a few threads where Facet 24v pumps are available online for under $100 each, maybe about $75 or so? I have an MEP-004A that may end up becoming a parts unit, but until I run the engine and also verify if the gen head is good, I won't make that call....

1800 Diesel

Do you think I need one or two of the Facets? The specs seem more than adequate for needing only one. But then why did they run two Facets in the original setup?
I believe only one pump is needed, but I have not done that myself so better wait 'til others comment too. If you need the aux tank setup, I would think the wiring may need some mods, but again, I haven't had to do this so therefore haven't studied the details of the system.

towrecker

OK I have a few questions and I am looking for some parts again. First does the MEP-004A need two supply pumps? My second question is does anyone have a set of these that they would like to part with? I had asked this question as part of another thread but thought that I needed to ask it as a stand alone to avoid a hijack.
they will run on just one pump , one of mine was bad , so I thought let's remove it , and try it out , it has logged 4-5 hours testing with not a single hiccup ...but I doubt one pump will be enough to pull from an aux fuel source , but unless the end of the world comes , I can use a siphon pump and refuel the beast as needed ...by the way , I used the fuel pump power wire for the pump closest to the engine , and taped the plug for the other pump , I don't know if that matters or not , just what I did , and had success... good luck !

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks