• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 006a

mwhiddon

I need advice what needs to be done to get 120/240v from my mep 006a 3phase genset it’s currently set on 120/208v I saw a video of it being done on 004 and 005 by cutting the bus bar and jumping t12 to t2 will this work ? Has anyone ever tried or done this any and all advice is appreciated.

mwhiddon

I've done this both on an 004 and an 005 I have never touched an 006. I'm sure given enough time we could figure it out
My 006 is new to me just picked up at an auction dirt cheap and runs like a champ just pulling my hair out trying to figure out if it will work like the 004 and 005

Scoobyshep

It should be a 12 lead head so physically it's possible the gotcha is how the other control systems are tapped into the reconnection board and how to reroute them in a manner that doesn't let the magic smoke out of some very expensive components

mwhiddon

That being said that's a very big generator

How big of a load do you need to drive especially single phase and what's your intended use for this cuz it's going to suck fuel like it's going out of style
It is 12 lead and plan on using it for a back up generator to my house fuel is not an issue I have that on hand 24/7 for machinery

Scoobyshep

Okay, simple math is that things going to put out about 250 amps and in order to prevent it from wet stacking you're going to have to load it to somewhere around 200 amps. Not to mention it's going to pull about 2 gallons an hour.

I think you're looking at some massive Overkill (and this is coming from the king of Overkill). But if it's truly what you want to do I'd be glad to help

mwhiddon

Okay, simple math is that things going to put out about 250 amps and in order to prevent it from wet stacking you're going to have to load it to somewhere around 200 amps. Not to mention it's going to pull about 2 gallons an hour.

I think you're looking at some massive Overkill (and this is coming from the king of Overkill). But if it's truly what you want to do I'd be glad to help
I’d appreciate it also I do have two shops that it will be pulling as well

Scoobyshep

With those voltages I would guess that you are wye tapped in your service and it wouldn't surprise me if you could adjust the generator up to put out 125 and 219. Or close enough.

What you do want to do is make sure you have all three outputs loaded somewhat the last thing you want to do is put a heavy load on two legs and leave the third one empty

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks