• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 802a alternator repair

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 802a that was has a tier2 reset in 2012 with 24 hours rebuild tag on the alternator, but this thing drains batteries over night. After reading here realized its a problem with the alternator draining the battery. pulled the alternator off tonight and i found 2 wires no longer connected to the diode top right corner picture shows the screw driver. now I need to know how to fix it as i am not very experienced in soldering and that kind of thing.

Attachments

Ray70

Interesting, Do you think the wires came loose from the diodes getting hot or something? I wouldn't think the loose wires would drain the battery unless you had a short in there, which I would also expect to melt wires etc. Wondering if the diodes could have gone bad and overheated causing the solder to melt??
I guess my point would be that you may want to do some additional checking to see if unsoldered wires are your real issue or just a symptom of another problem.

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
looks like it just broke off two wires are still soldered together but not connected to the diode. a little back story on this unit. When being delivered the driver was backing into my drive and had to abruptly drive forward to get out of the way of a grain truck that was not paying attention and speeding nearly t-boned the guy. Luckily he only took out my mailbox and part of the yard. I had two units on that trailer and i think it took a good jolt in the near crash.
Looks like i found the thread that covered this for anyone else that is looking.

Last edited:

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So not having much luck in finding readily available parts so i borrowed one from an 803a but things have not gone well with the 802a and i would rather shift gears and go on to the 803a without switching parts back. here is an alternator i found looks like mounting bolts. and wire size and amps are all the same. not sure i have all the dimensions compared would like to see some other eyes on this comparable.
not sure how to post this other than a link to the product

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did not order the above alternator, luckily i found a new correct alternator so i will be going with that. I will however keep searching for parts for the broken alternator so i have a spare on the shelf.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks