• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802A Fuel filter replacement advice

webboc

I would be grateful if anyone could give me some advice or tips on how to prime/purge the fuel system on my MEP-802A as I will be shortly replacing the two fuel filters on it. Many thanks.

Guyfang

Staff member
I will warn you now, the filter is a real bear to change. There are about a million threads that explain how much of a PITA it is to get off. Also, the water separator has a small filter in it. Both should be changed. When you read the TM and then get started, take your time. Don't get frustrated. When you do get the filter off, and get ready to put the new one on, take the time to pour some clean diesel in the filter, before replacing it. Its not required, but helps purge the air from the system faster.

webboc

I will warn you now, the filter is a real bear to change. There are about a million threads that explain how much of a PITA it is to get off. Also, the water separator has a small filter in it. Both should be changed. When you read the TM and then get started, take your time. Don't get frustrated. When you do get the filter off, and get ready to put the new one on, take the time to pour some clean diesel in the filter, before replacing it. Its not required, but helps purge the air from the system faster.
Many thanks for the advice and I appreciate the tip about filling the new filter with fresh fuel before installing.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have fully charged batteries. After changing both filters, cup cartridge filter, and the spin-on water fuel filter, you will turn S-1 to "Prime & Run" for a long time. It could be 5 minutes. Any excess fuel returns back to the tank thru the fuel return lines. The fuel return lines might need replacing too. If the fuel return lines weep, you will need to replace them.

Start this thread here, 2nd post has quick links of interest, 3rd post has links to manuals.
MEP-802A MEP-803A Filters and Parts | SteelSoldiers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks