• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 803a voltage regulator

technoid

My machine has the fuse installed to protect the field if the regulator should short. My question is does anyone know if a new improved regulator is available that has higher PIV rated diodes?

technoid

I use to work for a public water utility. I was their senior electrician and technical trouble shooter. I worked on many large generators in the 350kw and up range. Our older units that dated back to the 1960's had outdated mechanical relay AVR's. I dealth with a company called Basler. All they needed was the resistance of the exciter field winding disconnected and the operating voltage. They had a solid state AVR for any generator. I upgraded many. And the responce time of the droop was so much faster. Since I am retired I am going to call them and see if they might have one for the 803. Maybe a much improved model thst wont blow out from start surge.

mlaxton

I use to work for a public water utility. I was their senior electrician and technical trouble shooter. I worked on many large generators in the 350kw and up range. Our older units that dated back to the 1960's had outdated mechanical relay AVR's. I dealth with a company called Basler. All they needed was the resistance of the exciter field winding disconnected and the operating voltage. They had a solid state AVR for any generator. I upgraded many. And the responce time of the droop was so much faster. Since I am retired I am going to call them and see if they might have one for the 803. Maybe a much improved model thst wont blow out from start surge.
Did you get anywhere with this?