• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-804B - New to me, I have a few questions

410Customs

okay here we are end of July 2022
MEP-804 is running like a top!! I change the oil and filter every 200 hours or so, now we are at 1600 hours
Why?

Because our 20+ year old solar panels were doing basically nothing.
I fixed all that! Finally found a good deal on some solar panels, 24ea Sunpower 318 watt lightly used for $3000 delivered.
So far I have 12 panels mounted and working, 8 feeding the main battery bank, legs 1 & 2, with 4 feeding the small Lifepo battery bank leg 3.
So far with some sunshine it is working, no more diesel in the summer or when the sun is out! PHEW! I still have 8 more panels to replace.......... then we should really be soaking up some sunshine.

Anywho I have the AGS and will be installing it before the snow falls. Crappy thing is after the $600 auto generator start was delivered from Green Mountain we LOST IT! Misplaced the package for almost 6 months! I was not happy, I figured the box was tossed out with the trash? had looked everywhere! Planning to order another one, $600 down the drain... then one day I found it!! BOx was sitting in with some construction supplies, thank goodness!!!

Also planning to finally build the generator "shack" to keep her out of the weather.

a.jpg

image_2a.jpg

old vs new, had to make 20" extensions for the aluminum supporting grid
image_3a.jpg

image_4a.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks