• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-804B - New to me, I have a few questions

410Customs

okay here we are end of July 2022
MEP-804 is running like a top!! I change the oil and filter every 200 hours or so, now we are at 1600 hours
Why?

Because our 20+ year old solar panels were doing basically nothing.
I fixed all that! Finally found a good deal on some solar panels, 24ea Sunpower 318 watt lightly used for $3000 delivered.
So far I have 12 panels mounted and working, 8 feeding the main battery bank, legs 1 & 2, with 4 feeding the small Lifepo battery bank leg 3.
So far with some sunshine it is working, no more diesel in the summer or when the sun is out! PHEW! I still have 8 more panels to replace.......... then we should really be soaking up some sunshine.

Anywho I have the AGS and will be installing it before the snow falls. Crappy thing is after the $600 auto generator start was delivered from Green Mountain we LOST IT! Misplaced the package for almost 6 months! I was not happy, I figured the box was tossed out with the trash? had looked everywhere! Planning to order another one, $600 down the drain... then one day I found it!! BOx was sitting in with some construction supplies, thank goodness!!!

Also planning to finally build the generator "shack" to keep her out of the weather.

a.jpg

image_2a.jpg

old vs new, had to make 20" extensions for the aluminum supporting grid
image_3a.jpg

image_4a.jpg

Last edited: