• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-804B Single Phase Use Questions

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Years ago in North America, 4160 was a popular distribution voltage, easily divided by a 10:1 ratio to 416.

It sees use only in non-upgraded facilities here.
That's interesting. Germany switched to 400VAC from 380VAC years ago and I believe so did NATO.
All Generators have the 24 VDC NATO Receptacle and other NATO members use those MEP's or AMMPS as well.
The Equipment is interchangeable.

I read somewhere if a 3 Phase Motor is rated for 460/230/208 then this motor can run on 416 (2x 208 ) which would make sense

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Motors are inductive devices, and respond to voltage swings with increased amp draw if run undervoltage, and vice-versa.

The bottom line is heat rise against horsepower demand. Stay within the specifications (i.e. service factor eTc) and they will have a long happy life.

DG

Guyfang

Staff member
That's interesting. Germany switched to 400VAC from 380VAC years ago and I believe so did NATO.
All Generators have the 24 VDC NATO Receptacle and other NATO members use those MEP's or AMMPS as well.
The Equipment is interchangeable.

I read somewhere if a 3 Phase Motor is rated for 460/230/208 then this motor can run on 416 (2x 208 ) which would make sense
This is correct. When I went to electrician's school here in Germany in 1993, you could get beat on the head for saying 380.