• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 805B problems. Will pay for technical help

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is not so much about getting paid, but rather the complexity of the system.

1. Is the S10 Dead Crank Switch currently in "Normal" Position and not in "oFF"?

2. When CIM has booted, does the Genset Crank when you place and hold the S10 Dead Crank Switch in "Crank" Position

If Genset Cranks via S10, then measure Voltage on J25-8 and on J9-3 for 24VDC to Chassis

If you got 24 V on these two connection then the Governor Control Module is dead and possibly the Voltage regulator as well

If you do not have 24V, then your A5 TCM-100 Board is partially working and needs to be troubleshooted by an expert onsite

This basically sums it up in a nut shell

Chad Lares

This is not so much about getting paid, but rather the complexity of the system.

1. Is the S10 Dead Crank Switch currently in "Normal" Position and not in "oFF"?

2. When CIM has booted, does the Genset Crank when you place and hold the S10 Dead Crank Switch in "Crank" Position

If Genset Cranks via S10, then measure Voltage on J25-8 and on J9-3 for 24VDC to Chassis

If you got 24 V on these two connection then the Governor Control Module is dead and possibly the Voltage regulator as well

If you do not have 24V, then your A5 TCM-100 Board is partially working and needs to be troubleshooted by an expert onsite

That gives me a direction. The next question is finding an expert if it goes to that way. Going to go look now.

Chad Lares

It cranks, just won't turn over. bad board?

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thing clicking is your hour meter

Since the Green LED "DC Power" came back on, which is good, this is telling us that your Switch S10 Dead Crank Switch has an intermittent issue

Check and see if Genset starts now normally through S1 Switch using the normal procedure

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FYI, the dead crank test is exactly of what the name implies, a cranking of the engine without fuel delivery

The TM’s explain in detail of what this function does and what it is there for.

The S10 switches fail, the associated wiring harness can have fractures, burned and frayed wires etc etc

Furthermore, the cannon connectors connecting cubicles to Genset wiring harness can have corrosions, cold solder connections and broken wires etc etc

since I am not there with you, standing next to your generator, this will make the troubleshooting of your issue(s) more difficult

sofar we have made it to number 2 in our test list

this has now made the previous conclusion’s irrelevant since the DC Power Supply came back on

In general, there is no exact flow diagram in troubleshooting this issue.

my suggestion would be that you seek help from a local Genset repair shop in your area who are familiar with the MEP 805B / 806B

Our expert is located in Alabama and just returned from the Bahamas last week fixing Bravo units

he is going to be deployed to the Middle East next week

We have no customers in Arizona who I could contact to see if they could help you

Chad Lares

FYI, the dead crank test is exactly of what the name implies, a cranking of the engine without fuel delivery

The TM’s explain in detail of what this function does and what it is there for.

The S10 switches fail, the associated wiring harness can have fractures, burned and frayed wires etc etc

Furthermore, the cannon connectors connecting cubicles to Genset wiring harness can have corrosions, cold solder connections and broken wires etc etc

since I am not there with you, standing next to your generator, this will make the troubleshooting of your issue(s) more difficult

sofar we have made it to number 2 in our test list

this has now made the previous conclusion’s irrelevant since the DC Power Supply came back on

In general, there is no exact flow diagram in troubleshooting this issue.

my suggestion would be that you seek help from a local Genset repair shop in your area who are familiar with the MEP 805B / 806B

Our expert is located in Alabama and just returned from the Bahamas last week fixing Bravo units

he is going to be deployed to the Middle East next week

We have no customers in Arizona who I could contact to see if they could help you
ugh, working on it.

Guyfang

Staff member
When a "B" model, (or any other TQG gen set) will crank, and not start, The first thing I check is the MPU. If it will not send a signal to the A5, then it is never going to start. Read the TM about checking, cleaning and darn sure how to PROPERLY replace it. Of you will be buying a new one. See if it is dirty, damaged or not adjusted properly.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has the machine ever ran correctly?

where did you get the machine?

video of an attempted start?

like @Guyfang said, magnetic pickup.

Chad Lares

When a "B" model, (or any other TQG gen set) will crank, and not start, The first thing I check is the MPU. If it will not send a signal to the A5, then it is never going to start. Read the TM about checking, cleaning and darn sure how to PROPERLY replace it. Of you will be buying a new one. See if it is dirty, damaged or not adjusted properly.
I'm still trying to figure this out. Nothing in the manual seems to cover why the Speed Control Unit doesn't get power.

Chad Lares

IMG_6659.JPGIMG_6661.JPGIMG_6660.JPG

The cursor on the screen won't move anymore either. So I'm trying to figure out what I need to replace. I think it's the Speed Control Unit since it no longer lights up but I'm not sure if the MPU is in there or not.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks