• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 805B problems. Will pay for technical help

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The difference between Diagram #2 and Diagram #3 is the fact that Diagram #3 shows the status of the LED‘s after the Generator has been successfully started.

this fact is described in the status box in Diagram #3 as:
(S1) ECS: Prime Run at Speed

“at Speed” implies here that the Generator has started successfully and is running either at 50Hz or 60Hz depending on which Frequency the Generator was set to per TM prior to starting
Frequency equals engine RPM
60Hz = 1600RPM

Diagram #3 is irrelevant in your particular situation at the moment since your generator won’t start.

So, diagram #2 is the only diagram which is of concern to us for right now

I replayed your video part 2 at 0.25 speed (thanks to YouTube) and it appears that LED 15 is not on

LED’s 19, 28 and 30 are on as it is shown in Diagram #2

this indicates that the Governor Controller does not get its 24V Power

This Voltage is supplied to the Governor Controller through the Back Plane Circuit Board

There are two Terminals for this power on the backplane, J25-8 and J9-3

Check there J25-8 and J9-3 for 24V with switches set as indicated in Diagram #2

Chad Lares

What ended up being the problem?
The bad part: I don't know. All I did was push in all those connectors behind the screen like the guys suggested. They said often times things get loose. OK, pushed all that in, flipped the power and then the DC green popped on. I hit the fault switch for a few seconds, fired right up. I have GOT to know more about this machine because right now, I don't know jack... I also want to buy whatever the known failure points are to have parts sitting on the shelf. They talked about bad MPU's and stuff. I need to know. One guy mentioned about it operating at 53HRTZ but I didn't know if that was an issue because it just now started running again...Sounds like an ex-girlfriend I used to have. Moody, sometimes she was on,other times not and of course it was always my fault...

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One guy mentioned about it operating at 53HRTZ but I didn't know if that was an issue because it just now started running again...Sounds like an ex-girlfriend I used to have. Moody, sometimes she was on,other times not and of course it was always my fault.
That one guy was me and i said it because your first video according to you was when it was running correctly, I hope your not powering anything with this generator until you understand how to operate and adjust the controls as 60 hertz is standard here in the US. Also back to guyfang,myself and others have said contact cleaner (Deoxit), clean, clean, clean and then clean some more. no matter if its a Humvee, tank, half track or generator. They will not function well with corroded up electrical connections on batteries or circuit boards, or control panels.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The bad part: I don't know.

Sure you do. Loose plugs. Why do you think I wrote what I wrote in message #46. Its a KNOWN problem with ALL MEP-8XX-B models.

So along long time ago in a land far far away, I had an 805b that was the red headed step child, always throwing a fit, never working when needed. I ended up removing control coupla, removing backplane, all of the components from back plane, air blower cleaned, inspected sockets, pins, reinstalled and poof, no more problems,

I did nothing but remove and reinstalled and voila, its been the most reliable to date, so you might want to check the stand offs and the nuts that mount components to backplane, and the 2 cannonplugs on the engine side of control box.

Chad Lares

One guy mentioned about it operating at 53HRTZ but I didn't know if that was an issue because it just now started running again...Sounds like an ex-girlfriend I used to have. Moody, sometimes she was on,other times not and of course it was always my fault.
That one guy was me and i said it because your first video according to you was when it was running correctly, I hope your not powering anything with this generator until you understand how to operate and adjust the controls as 60 hertz is standard here in the US. Also back to guyfang,myself and others have said contact cleaner (Deoxit), clean, clean, clean and then clean some more. no matter if its a Humvee, tank, half track or generator. They will not function well with corroded up electrical connections on batteries or circuit boards, or control panels.
How do you adjust the HTZ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks