• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-806A question

04mustang

I am looking into getting a MEP-806A for an industrial application that would require 3 phase 480V. I can look up the specs on the 806 and see that it can produce 240/416 3 phase but it appears that it can be "tunned" up to reach 480V on the 60Hz side.
Am I reading this correctly?

Thank you,
Corey

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will make a small bet, whatever you have that is 3ph 460 will accept 416 and its amp draw will be 2-3 more amps than 460

Guyfang

Staff member
At last! Someone who doesn't want to change a perfictly good three phase get set, to a single phase boat anchor. We still got to keep an eye on him. Ordnance Guy. Shady, indviduals.

04mustang

lol, thank you all for the comments. What I am looking at powering is a series of pump motors. The most of which would be 50hp. and not more than 1 at a time.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you sure you need a 60kw for 1 50hp motor?

If i remember correctly, a 60kw is 200amps per leg, and a 50 hp 3ph motor only pulls like 95 amps, I might be smokin left handed cigarettes this morning though

04mustang

So your saying that I could get by with a 30kw unit? because that's the only 2 choices if going the military route. I agree with you and felt like 50kw would be a better fit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks