• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-806B generator

Guyfang

Staff member
Please do not post the same problem in several threads. Old people like me find it hard to keep up.

As posted in the other thread, you can NOT bypass the CIM.

How do you know the CIM is "Burned up"? Describe what will it do, or not do?

Guyfang

Staff member
There is no repair procedure for the CIM. If it was bad, you pulled it and stuck another in. So the TM's wont help. Just take a look see at it and unscrew it. If you can not find anything, then you can maybe send it to a guy in the forum,
Peapvp
Is his name. He fixes them. Send him a PM. There are also others who sell them. Maybe
MCII

Has an extra one, He replaces all the fancy electrical stuff, with normal controls. You might even talk to him about that. I have no idea what any of this might cost. I do not get involved with that.

Terry Oneal

There is no repair procedure for the CIM. If it was bad, you pulled it and stuck another in. So the TM's wont help. Just take a look see at it and unscrew it. If you can not find anything, then you can maybe send it to a guy in the forum,
Peapvp
Is his name. He fixes them. Send him a PM. There are also others who sell them. Maybe
MCII

Has an extra one, He replaces all the fancy electrical stuff, with normal controls. You might even talk to him about that. I have no idea what any of this might cost. I do not get involved with that.
Thanks

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you attempted unplugging the 100 pin then hooking up serial cable again? To see if it still blows the fuse

mciikurzroot

Supporting Vendor
The CIM went out in my generator, where do I get another or bypass it?
Well Guy and Mr Pampa have you with good information, I do have several CIM's to work from, that yes i will sell. but do explore the possible reasons for the fuz blowing, and yup these things damn near act like a rain gauge how they collect water. Remember inside the control box there is also a CIM "reset" switch its sorta hidden but it there i promise you. Now Im gonna go on a small rant but these sets with the CIM's are going to be with us for some time, when MEP contracted for this new controller several forces came into play, MCII was in a good position and the contracts were long range, but quantum leaps in control technology came along and MEP put out a request and held a 'flyoff' of sorts, where two of the top tier contractors already existing MCII and Fermont were included and Cummins was added upon a prototype they had offered, they each built as many as 10 units for MEP testing in each of the popular kw ratings 10,15,30 and 60 for all aspects of all MEP criteria. Cummins won the present contract featuring really trick sets, but for us as private citizens and not typically big $$$$ to spend on support or even more critical, access to Govt parts and supply. We as the users will be a a real predicament for support.. The 100 and 200 sets would come out in a separate offering from the same contractors, but you can see Cummins won this also.. But in the same time by loosing this new build contract, MCII built sets would be phased out much sooner than MEP had planned, and of course MCII lost interest in supporting a product that was now dead in the water. So now we see Cummins was directed to speed up the 30 and 60kw production of sets, thus we see the MCII CIM sets coming onto the surplus market with typically low to no hours because the new Cummins CANbus sets are out and well integrated into the DOD power chain of units for the using activity's ...
So we as a group will in time, find or do what we do best, and find workarounds or solutions. But if you really want dependable and sets that can be reasonably supported and i will add this group is the best support or back up you can find or learn from.
I have glossed over and omitted the inside gore and struggle of MEP and its efforts, but i think they have acted in our best interest as taxpayers, the Cummins AMMPS sets are lower cost and feature rich in data and ability , but for our group not nearly as user friendly and supportable.

So back to the CIM sets, and I don't intend this to be a division among us, its just my personal belief based on ease and wanting a set that is dependable the entire CIM package just needs to be tossed and the package rebuilt, because the actual engine and generator are superior parts and will serve us for many years to come. So if you own a CIM model use it till it breaks or it just wont be fixed, then start asking for solutions, cause the bones as it is often said are damn good ...

My experience in this comes from having founded MC II and personally brought the whole CIM idea/concept to MEP then came the 'flyoff' between ourselves and Fermont. You must understand we never once thought toward the surplus and second life of what civilians would face or need for aftermarket support of these sets. So now at 75 i just like to play with gen sets and keep myself in the power generation market and active, and trying to find ways to keep these sets affordable and useful.

Who is it on here that has the tag, he does not too many gen sets, just not enuff land or something close to that as his tag line signature... I live in town on 10 acres but my wife feels pretty strongly i got too many sets, but after 43 years at it, it is what it is..
best: mac/mc

Guyfang

Staff member
So back to the CIM sets, and I don't intend this to be a division among us, its just my personal belief based on ease and wanting a set that is dependable the entire CIM package just needs to be tossed and the package rebuilt, because the actual engine and generator are superior parts and will serve us for many years to come. So if you own a CIM model use it till it breaks or it just wont be fixed, then start asking for solutions, cause the bones as it is often said are damn good ...

Several of my CECOM friends have reported these gen sets with 40-60 THOUSAND operating hours, down range. BUT the CIM and the crap that go with it, well, that's another story.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I had the opportunity of putting my hands on this genny.
Genny had voltage spike at some point.
Got the diode in the cim, might want that mosfet tested while at it

you can see where the pos and neg traces got hot and baked the green paint off
DF0E42C7-4317-4A6C-9C34-C52A6EA67009.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks