• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep002a batt guage issue

sjacobs1259

Hey yall. So as stated in the title I have a problem with my battery guage well someing related to the guage. The guage works fine I've tested that and the charging system works its reading 27 volts. But at the wires goin to the guage I'm only getting 12 volts. Any idea what it could be?

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trace the circuit backwards, see where the voltage is changing. You have seen this gauge read correctly before, or this is a new machine to you? Is it hooked up correctly?

sjacobs1259

Trace the circuit backwards, see where the voltage is changing. You have seen this gauge read correctly before, or this is a new machine to you? Is it hooked up correctly?
I have seen the guage read correctly I tested it in a humvee yesterday and it works. Yes it is hooked up correctly. I've traced it to a point but I'm not sure where to go. I've tried reading the schematic but it loses me. Where does the signal originate. I kno it dosent come directly off the batteries. Is it the alternator, regulator? I kno its something simply but it's like I've been racking my brain trying to figure it out.

sjacobs1259

Okay so I rechecked The gauge the ground the wiring I'm getting 6 V that's it. at the gauge It's 6 V at TB 5 post 8. It's 6 V and I'm assuming it goes into S1 at post 13 and 14. I'm only getting 6. Volts. There where do I go next?

Ray70

There is a ground strap under the lower left rear corner of the control box. Check that.
It's a braid strap connecting the control box to the chassis right under where the connectors exit the rear of the control box.
I believe you should also have a connection from the battery - on the starter to the terminal block inside the control cube.

sjacobs1259

There is a ground strap under the lower left rear corner of the control box. Check that.
It's a braid strap connecting the control box to the chassis right under where the connectors exit the rear of the control box.
I believe you should also have a connection from the battery - on the starter to the terminal block inside the control cube.
Yea I found the ground strap this morning. So I took the box off. It was pretty ugly lookin. I had to cut one of the nuts off with a Dremel tool it was so rusted. Cleaned it all up put new nuts an bolt on it. And it works great. But now I see the system is over charging so i have to test the charging system. And I'm still trying to figure out what's up with my load meter. It reads at first then drop down to zero. It's it not one thing it's another lol.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your gauge (and battery charging alternator) are working perfectly if it drops to zero. That means your batteries are charged and the system is maintained. If it was showing in the negative range, that means its discharging and running down your batteries

sjacobs1259

Your gauge (and battery charging alternator) are working perfectly if it drops to zero. That means your batteries are charged and the system is maintained. If it was showing in the negative range, that means its discharging and running down your batteries
Ii understand that. But the batt guage reads in the red. I was talking abt the ammeter. The are of the guage and the voltage at the batts

Attachments

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter