• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep003a connectors

DaveB10

Hi! Since you have done so well in finding connector part numbers I am hoping you may have some advice for me. My MEP-003A was warming up "prior" to switching to house load when sparks started flying. In the ac control box/distribution box the heavy leads in P10 (7 pin male) from the generator to J10(7 pin female chassis mount) on the control box sparked and melted the connector before tripping the 40A breaker. I think what happened is one of the connector pins was corroded and heat built up till it melted the insulation between the pins...then sparks. I have a copy of the manual and no connector numbers are listed. It looks like major surgery to get to the J10 in the box. Any suggestions?? Even if I get a used control box I still need the plug end from the gen head. Thanks, Dave.

rustystud

You can also just buy the ends (that go into the connector) and using the proper crimper tool make your lines as long as you want . You just remove the old wires from the connectors (with the proper tool) and install your new made up ones in there place. We do this at work all the time when a wire gets cut or worn.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi! Since you have done so well in finding connector part numbers I am hoping you may have some advice for me. My MEP-003A was warming up "prior" to switching to house load when sparks started flying. In the ac control box/distribution box the heavy leads in P10 (7 pin male) from the generator to J10(7 pin female chassis mount) on the control box sparked and melted the connector before tripping the 40A breaker. I think what happened is one of the connector pins was corroded and heat built up till it melted the insulation between the pins...then sparks. I have a copy of the manual and no connector numbers are listed. It looks like major surgery to get to the J10 in the box. Any suggestions?? Even if I get a used control box I still need the plug end from the gen head. Thanks, Dave.
You will need an Amphenol Part # 97-3106a-24-10s connector for the generator side of the problem area, can be had at Newark Electronics, Item # 92F5530

You will also need an Amphenol Part # 97-3100a-24-10p recepticle for the output box side of the problem area, can also be had at Newark Electronics, Item # 97J4589

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks