• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP005A 5volts only

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
100w 100ohm
Take the white wire off the rheostat, connect it to one side of R2 if this neutral.

Leave black wire on rheostat if this is your phase 120VAC, connect wiper to other side of R2 - apply power and adjust to 95VAC across R2 - then check voltage on VR board in DC range

pf.hal1984

Take the white wire off the rheostat, connect it to one side of R2 if this neutral.

Leave black wire on rheostat if this is your phase 120VAC, connect wiper to other side of R2 - apply power and adjust to 95VAC across R2 - then check voltage on VR board in DC range
When I do it this way I cannont get voltage below 100.

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yellow I get 4.7vdc. Green I get .1vdc . And red is 2.5vdc.
Ok, check the six Diodes CR1 to CR6 for short - you may have to desolder each lead to test each Diode individually - if your meter has Diode test, then note voltage drop in conducting direction and check that the diode blocks in block direction

pf.hal1984

Ok, check the six Diodes CR1 to CR6 for short - you may have to desolder each lead to test each Diode individually - if your meter has Diode test, then note voltage drop in conducting direction and check that the diode blocks in block direction
Ok. I have to continue tomorrow because it's date night and I need more solder. Thank you for your patience I learned a lot more today about DC and now am more confident with this machine.

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the diodes are blocking properly. CR1 613, CR2 571, CR3 500, CR4 514, CR5 586, AND CR6 589
Ok, desolder R1 and R3 and check resistance, if they check Ok, take a close look at T1 - check primary coils for dc resistance - if they check ok check Q1 and Q2

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks