• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP005A Voltage on all three legs on one side of the breaker but no voltage coming ou

Dgoff

Hello, I bought a running 005a and shows voltage on all 3 legs at the meter but no voltage at the lugs. I don't see a breaker anywhere. It is a trailer mounted unit. There is a breaker box on the fender where you would plug in the power cord. No cord plugged just went straight to the lugs. I'm baffled! Can anyone give me some idea what it could be? I forgot about the 120 volt service plug works fine. If that helps! OK there is power from the 3 leads off of the generator head. Those 3 wires go into what could be a breaker with no switch. It is a little black box between the head and the lugs. There is a wire socket plugged into it. Not familiar with electronics so I'm at a disadvantage here. HELP!
The generator will not start from the start switch. I set the start switch up and release back to the run position. Then battle short on, then jump the solenoid at the starter. runs great! Go back to the start and excite the set. I have replaced the solenoid on the starter. Still doesn't work right. Not sure if this has anything to do with it. I was told there is a starter solenoid inside the box where a BUNCH of wires go into. Looks like it will be difficult to open and check. I was told it was similar to a ford solenoid.
Any Ideas?
Thanks

Munchies

Its a contactor. Did you try flipping the switch to close the circuit ?
"Not familiar with electronics so I'm at a disadvantage here."
Your in trouble. Start slow and read the manuals!

Your starter issue could be one of several things. You need to troubleshoot it!

Please understand electricity is dangerous, and it can kill.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Munchies is right. Download the manuals (all of them), then read the -10 manual from cover to cover, over and over till you can quote any page verbatim when awakened from a deep sleep. THEN, you'll know the answers to the questions you posed.

Dgoff

Ok someone sent me a link for the manuals from another site. Hopefully I'll figure it out. Any positive help would still be appreciated.
thanks

Munchies

Im not trying to be a buzz kill (irony not intended) here but there are so many possible issues, it cant be trouble shot by saying ' it wont work, and maybe its something in that box with a lot of wires on it.'

Are you flipping the switch for the contactor on the panel????

Dgoff

Im not trying to be a buzz kill (irony not intended) here but there are so many possible issues, it cant be trouble shot by saying ' it wont work, and maybe its something in that box with a lot of wires on it.'

Are you flipping the switch for the contactor on the panel????
Munchies not intended for you. it's baby steps. OK I tried it again with the Battle Short switch on and still can't close the contactor from the switch on control panel. Is there a way to jump or by pass it?

Munchies

Go into the troubleshooting section of the manual, find a similar symptom and let it guide you to troubleshoot the contactor.
It also has the wiring diagrams which will show what you need to be looking at.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The relevant manual series should be listed on the dataplate of the generator, checking the TM forum of this site, the Liberated Manuals site, and doing a Google Search for the TM series should yield a pile of reading (give a man a fish, and he is fed for a day, teach a man to fish, and he is fed for a lifetime). We are trying to teach you how to fish for the manuals.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks