• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP006A

bruce1776

on the metal can relays (k5, k6 etc.) I don't see any labeling, but I do see a pin that is different is that pin to be on the top or bottom when installing?

bruce1776

Did you do what I wrote in post #16?
I did do that, and nothing. I put the new Watt Transducer in and a new A11 excitation box I bought in and fired it up and meters moved, but it would not stay running unless I put on the Battle Short. So with the battle short on I dialed in the voltage to 208/120 but the frequency would not go below 61hz. Not saying that a new A11 couldn't have bade parts, but it is brand new. I will have to look at tomorrow as I do have a new VR as well, is there anything else I should look at?

bruce1776

Volt reg card is bad, in the A11.
I changed the V Reg and now I have nothing, dials go freq and vol go up and then they go down, I put the original VR in and I am back to voltages and freq ok, but have over voltage light on and have to run in Battle Short

bruce1776

Did you do what I wrote in post #16?
I am not sure what is happening to my replies, because I don't see them here. I changed the VR in the A11 and when I started the unit up the freq and voltage gage went full dial then to nothing, I put the original VR back in the A11 and I am back to good voltages and freq but only in Battle short, the difference I see this time is my fluke and on board measuring are different my fluke says 208 and the onboard says 183.

Guyfang

Staff member
I changed the VR in the A11 and when I started the unit up the freq and voltage gage went full dial then to nothing, (This tells me that the S9 is sending inital excitation to the Main gen. Thats good. The volts/hertz drops off because the A11/VR is not taking over.) I put the original VR back in the A11 and I am back to good voltages and freq but only in Battle short, the difference I see this time is my fluke and on board measuring are different my fluke says 208 and the onboard says 183.

Do you have two A11's and two VR's?

bruce1776

I changed the VR in the A11 and when I started the unit up the freq and voltage gage went full dial then to nothing, (This tells me that the S9 is sending inital excitation to the Main gen. Thats good. The volts/hertz drops off because the A11/VR is not taking over.) I put the original VR back in the A11 and I am back to good voltages and freq but only in Battle short, the difference I see this time is my fluke and on board measuring are different my fluke says 208 and the onboard says 183.

Do you have two A11's and two VR's?
I have the other A11 from my other gen, I am sending the new VR back to where I bought it for replacement. What senses the voltage and sends the signal to the Tac relay, could any of that circuit be bad?

Guyfang

Staff member
I dont think so.

If you have an A11 that works right, try it in your problem gen set. Every time you put another A11, or Vr in the set, you have different problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks