• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep802a fuel issue

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes i did. I replaced most of the 3.5mm return lines. I will double check them and hardlines tomorrow.
One of the things I do is to take the return line at the tank off and put it in a container to see the fuel flow back through the system. It should be a nice steady trickle. You can easily see if you are getting a lot of air or if you have some other problem with fuel flow.

Bmxenbrett

Spot on guyfang, thank you. The ossolating was due to a crack in the return line covered by the cloth. God i hate that stuff.
The other one that dosnt start i have narrowed down to the check valves on the IP. With out them i get fuel flow. With them nothing. I took one appart and clean/oiled it and cant make it work. Any tips to cleaning the check valves?

Bmxenbrett

Well i was able to diagnos the injection pumps as being good. My issue is the fuel rail feels like its not completly attached to the shut off solenoid. It some times catches and moves the rail and some times dosnt. Guess my front cover is coming off?

Guyfang

Staff member
I use carb cleaner to clean anything in the fuel system. Soak the parts a day or two. Blow everything off with compresses air.

When you take the front and side panels off the engine, look to see if the IP's are actually in the rack right. They can be a real PITA to get in. Many times I thought iI had them in, and found out, not quite. Also, the rail can be bent. Sometimes people force the IP's back in, bend the rail, and then you have to take it apart, fix it and put it all back together again. Look at the solenoid carefully. Look at the procedure posted in the TM section, for the proper adjustment of the solenoid. And that is kida what it sounds like now. Something bent?

Bmxenbrett

I have disconnected the solenoid and moved the rack with the injection pumps out and it intermittently dosnt move the rack. Im thinking its the linkage internally.

Guyfang

Staff member
Something bent or not catching the rack every time. Look at the parts breakdown, ten thousand times to get it in your head, then take the covers off. Nothing else is going to help.

Bmxenbrett

After studdying the TM exploded view i realized that the fuel rack was over throwing and loosing the injection pump metering rod. After much trial and error and one failure to shutdown the unit runs. Im prety sure the fuel rail/linkage is worn. Now the only problem is it struggles with a 5.4kw load and i think i can fix that by turning the IPs. The muffler heat wrap is really oil soaked on this unit so **** to work around when its hot.

On a side note i tested the other mep802a to 8.1kw and it just purred right along, didnt even loose 3htz from load to no load. These are quite amazing machines.
Thanks for all the help.