• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP802A not starting . Notice anything major in video

Leonardo82nd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree... sounds like the metering pumps are borderline at best. Some times the pins will be loose enough to move just by tilting the pump side to side.
If you can't flick the pin side to side with 1 finger there is a problem.
I have had good luck soaking them in the gallon size can of Gunk carb cleaner. Let it sit a day or 2 then with then submerged pump the plunger several times to work the cleaner into the pump, then work the lever a few times and soak a couple more days. rinse and repeat....
Update : I soaked the pumps for a few days in Gunk, no luck.
The levers on the pumps are stiff, and don’t seem to be loosening up at all
I see on @CallMeColt video how loose they normally are. Mine are no where near that loose.
Any suggestions where to buy replacements?
Or other methods of correcting this issue - with stuff pumps.
green mountain has them available (on back order)

Attachments

loosegravel

Just a retired mechanic who's having fun!
I see on @CallMeColt video how loose they normally are. Mine are no where near that loose.
It would be a good idea to post something in the “parts wanted” section. You will surely get some responses there. I believe the MEP-802A and the MEP-803A units use the same IP’s. Also, look in the “parts for sale” section too. Good luck!

loosegravel

Just a retired mechanic who's having fun!
Also, these pumps come apart fairly easy. Maybe you can grab a cup of coffee and carefully disassemble one of them in a clean environment. Lay the parts out in the order that they came apart. You may be able to see what’s causing the drag in the metering valve that way and repair it. If you’re successful with one, then do the other.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I've just had the same situation on a recent auction buy. The rear injector was frozen. I removed it and removed the top so I could get a good dose of penetrating oil in there. After a good soaking and manually working the fuel rate selector back and forth, it loosened up.

I put it back together and back into the machine. Fired up and ran perfectly.

I recommend taking the tops off and getting something in there that has some lubrication value while working the fuel lever back and forth.

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
I have some that were takeouts that are probably good. Message me directly about them.

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
I've just had the same situation on a recent auction buy. The rear injector was frozen. I removed it and removed the top so I could get a good dose of penetrating oil in there. After a good soaking and manually working the fuel rate selector back and forth, it loosened up.

I put it back together and back into the machine. Fired up and ran perfectly.

I recommend taking the tops off and getting something in there that has some lubrication value while working the fuel lever back and forth.
ATF. They are a lubricant and a detergent. They also will burn when injected into the combustion chamber. Also, it will clean a bit going through the injector as well. I have purposly primed systems with ATF & let them sit for a few days, then did this a few times with great results.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks