• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep802a won't shut off!

Ray70

You can scroll through here and see what others have used.
The thing to watch out for is the gen is 24V but 80% of the gages out there are 12V.
Try to find a 24V 80 PSI gage, to make it easier.
Beede makes a lot of Marine gages which are affordable and look close to original, but you also have to buy a little $14 adapter board with a resistor in it to use with your 24V system.
I think your sender is ok. Think you had 240 ohms at 0 Psi. That sounds correct off the top of my head.
240 - 33 ohms if I recall correctly.
If you want to change it, I believe any 80 PSI sender with a 1/8" NPT thread and 240 -33 range will work.
I have used Sierra and Datcon before.

cbisson

Any brands you recommend? Sender/ gauge combo?
I have used all 3 of the following Datcon gauges. All have worked perfectly for me with the senders that came on my 802a. I bought a second of each for when the Beede gauges fail on my NOS 802a. There are also 24v light kits available from the same vendor.

Fuel - 101584
OP - 101574
Temp - 101586

Last edited: