• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP803A, governor slow to react to load

Denvercaitland

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't fold up the tents too early. do another one or two load tests. Dosn't have to be a massage load dump on the engine. But play with it a bit. Change it up a bit. Make sure its right. Sometimes something works 2-3 times in a row, then it doesn't. Better to know now, then at 03:00.
Thanks again Guyfang, the way the shop is wired, I can load various combinations of 8A, 12A,16A and 20A. Will keep testing.

Attachments

Thomasmarinesalvage

changed all filters, rubber lines. Set not smoking at any load when running and not smoking when bogging down. Will take the hard line out. Agree it has to be lack of fuel or air. Was hoping it was something you guys may have dealt with before.
Hey, Im new to Steel soldiers have an 803a with the same problem , I’m going to adjust the fuel pumps today and replay that solves my problem. Just curious I saw your video and it appears you have two exhaust stacks one slightly longer than the other curious what that is thanks in advance.

Denvercaitland

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, Im new to Steel soldiers have an 803a with the same problem , I’m going to adjust the fuel pumps today and replay that solves my problem. Just curious I saw your video and it appears you have two exhaust stacks one slightly longer than the other curious what that is thanks in advance.
The second "exhaust stack" is for the "artic heater kit" which is an option on 802a and 803a. Basically it prewarm the engine coolant to 140°F before startup. Nice to have in colder climate 😀

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks