• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

metal in oil pan

FloridaAKM

I agree with rusty stud, those spring pieces look like oil seal springs more than anything else. Possibly, one of the Army mechanics lost the spring while changing out an oil seal! Better than a liner chunk!

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with rusty stud, those spring pieces look like oil seal springs more than anything else. Possibly, one of the Army mechanics lost the spring while changing out an oil seal! Better than a liner chunk!
I agree. If the front seal isn't leaking, it's probably from a previous seal change. I have seen new seal springs come out in the package so I guess they could in the engine. I don't know if the seal would leak if the spring came out.

volver

I am thinking its the compressor oil seal. There are only 5 oil seals on the engine? Front and rear crank, front and rear turbo, and the compressor. If all those little bits were coiled as tights as the piece I just found it would be about the circumference of the compressor shaft. also there seam to be a new leak up front some where.

I am going to put the pan back on and wash the engine. Then track down the leaks.