• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MF in-tank pump for gasoline?

davidb56

Probably produce too high of fuel pressure for a carburetor. A fuel regulator cost more than a in line electric fuel pump for gas. Summit Racing on line had both 12 and 24vdc pumps last year for about 45$. Old carbs prefer around 3-4 psi. even the new demon carbs are under 8psi.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since the multifuel engine can run on gasoline, by design, yes. BUT I wouldn't trust an ancient electric motor inside my gas tank.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
There is now way I putting an fuel gasoline pump in my tank
they all need to be immersed.
Don't run out of gas, pump cooks off
Very common big bucks problem.

The pumps begin to fail, owner fills the tank, perceiving a problem, then hell to pay with all that fuel to drop the tank. Usually costs big bucks.
Happens on almost anything, Ford to Audi to Jag to Chevy to VW's.
Deuce multi-fuel engines designed to run on real fuel. You want to fail it then run it on gasoline.

Be careful, air pressurize the fuel tank to 3 PSIG and that is it, but one can do that with a gas engine also.

davidb56

Either I, or both of you miss read his question. He has a Gasser Truck, with a Gas engine, and wants to use a Deuce internal tank Fuel Pump to prime/run the Carburated Gas engine, instead of the mechanical Gas engine fuel pump mounted on the block, or as a booster to it.

Crazyguyla

The reason I asked if the MF pump can be used for gas, my fuel tank has pin holes along the top and side. It's repairable now, but might have more problems once all the trash is cleaned out. I have a fairly new MF tank, MF pump bracket, and electric pump assembly from an M109 SPFA fuel tank. I want use the MF tank and pump to prime the gas engine, but turn it off after the engine starts. Hand priming a gasser after it sits awhile is a pita.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Either I, or both of you miss read his question. He has a Gasser Truck, with a Gas engine, and wants to use a Deuce internal tank Fuel Pump to prime/run the Carburated Gas engine, instead of the mechanical Gas engine fuel pump mounted on the block, or as a booster to it.
To me his question was: If I submerge an electric pump usually used for DIESEL in a GASOLINE tank, will I blow myself up?

davidb56

The reason I asked if the MF pump can be used for gas, my fuel tank has pin holes along the top and side. It's repairable now, but might have more problems once all the trash is cleaned out. I have a fairly new MF tank, MF pump bracket, and electric pump assembly from an M109 SPFA fuel tank. I want use the MF tank and pump to prime the gas engine, but turn it off after the engine starts. Hand priming a gasser after it sits awhile is a pita.
prime it until the carb is full, then its primed. Carbs dont like high pressure fuel. you may force gas past the float/s and into the intake. But I guess since most trucks have a fire extinguisher, you'll be fine.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tank should work, but, as stated somewhere above, the pressure the pump puts out will over power the needle and seat causing gas to pour into the manifold and into open valve cylinders. Just leave the pump out of it and go to NAPA for a low pressure in line pump made for carbureted engines, IIRC, they are apx 2 psi. Don't know that if the pump is shut off after priming that the mechanical pump can pull through the electric

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks