• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Michelin X 11.00 x 20

GoinNutts

I researched this subject and only really came up with 3-5 year old threads and not sure if there are any of these tires available or not. Can anyone give me any info on Michelin 11.00x20? My Deuce is in my avatar and it has Hemmt wheels with 395's. Will 11.00's work on my wheels or will I need to go to a more narrow wheel? I saw another truck in pictures and I perfer the 11.00s. They look more practical as far as weight, wear and tear and servicability. I understand that it will reduce my highway speed but not a fan of deuce at highway speeds anyhow. Thinking of going back to original wheels and 11.00's. Is there any source for these tries? I am going to be tearing down my rockwells and inspecting resealing/rebuilding them, adding P/S, and brakes (disc???). I would appreciate any info from those who have gone down this road.

Thanks

dozer1

I am pretty sure that you would want more narrow rims then hemmt wheels for 11.00's . The stock deuce split ring rim would be better. Also much less weight to get spinning would equal better mileage and better braking IMO
I might add that it looks great the way its set up. I wouldnt change it myself.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a thread a week or two ago about these can't think of who posted it .But it seemed they are somewhat hard to find . And you most likely need stock rims which should be easy.

Edit: the thread is 1100/20 xl tires by wcolt45

it is in the duece forum , sorry I don't know how to link it

Last edited:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I researched this subject and only really came up with 3-5 year old threads and not sure if there are any of these tires available or not. Can anyone give me any info on Michelin 11.00x20? My Deuce is in my avatar and it has Hemmt wheels with 395's. Will 11.00's work on my wheels or will I need to go to a more narrow wheel? I saw another truck in pictures and I perfer the 11.00s. They look more practical as far as weight, wear and tear and servicability. I understand that it will reduce my highway speed but not a fan of deuce at highway speeds anyhow. Thinking of going back to original wheels and 11.00's. Is there any source for these tries? I am going to be tearing down my rockwells and inspecting resealing/rebuilding them, adding P/S, and brakes (disc???). I would appreciate any info from those who have gone down this road.

Thanks
Truck in 6x6 configuration ran 65 mph Garmin indicated with the 1100R20 Michelin XZL's.

Attachments

GoinNutts

I picked up this truck in Reno and drove it to Los Angeles and about 20 mi into my journey my speedo went out and my Garmin said I averaged 55-58 mph and that was keeping it at about 2100-2200 RPM with Hemmit wheels and 395's. I keep reading about trucks going 65 MPH. What tire and what RPM are people runing these trucks? The 395's are 44-46" and the 1100's are 40" if I am not mistaken. To get 1100's to 65 mph I would think you would be hitting the governor????

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up this truck in Reno and drove it to Los Angeles and about 20 mi into my journey my speedo went out and my Garmin said I averaged 55-58 mph and that was keeping it at about 2100-2200 RPM with Hemmit wheels and 395's. I keep reading about trucks going 65 MPH. What tire and what RPM are people runing these trucks? The 395's are 44-46" and the 1100's are 40" if I am not mistaken. To get 1100's to 65 mph I would think you would be hitting the governor????

Useful tire size guide.

Army Military Tires

Jimma

I have 11x20's on stock wheels. It came from the government that way. I love those tires. They are smooth on the road, handle well, steering is great and speed is good. I would just find some cheap stock rims and 11x20's. Its far less expensive than the hemmt wheels and 395's. You should be able to trade someone.

GoinNutts

Thanks for all the input. I guess I will be lookin for 4 OE rims and 4-5 tires. It will be either 1100's or 1450 R 20 If any one on this side of the planet has any of these tires to sell let me know. Thanks again for the help

GoinNutts

Jesusgato Did I see a thread on pirate4x4 about you getting Firestone T831's? Did you mount them and run them? How do you like? Where did you get them? Thanks

jesusgatos

One more question. Has anyone used the Firestone T831 1100 R20 tire? Are they any good? Where do you get them?
Jesusgato Did I see a thread on pirate4x4 about you getting Firestone T831's? Did you mount them and run them? How do you like? Where did you get them? Thanks
Yes, I'm running Firestone T831's on modified stock wheels. Click on the link that I posted at the top of this page for more info.

treeguy

Goinnutts, check out my pics. in the 2" removable receiver thread, my truck has 11x20 michilin XL's. Nk14zp, you in Maine with this size tire available. I'm looking for a back up plan when my side walls finally crack to an unsafe point.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks