• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Michigan MV Show & Swap 8-13, 8-14, 8-15

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
August 13, 14, 15, 2010 :
14th Annual Great Lakes MVPA MV Show/Swap Meet
outside of General Jim's Surplus - Clare, MI
General Jim's is located next to Jay's Sporting Goods in Clare, Michigan
1 mile north of the north Clare Old 27 Exit. Large parking area.
PUBLIC WELCOME! NO ADMISSION CHARGE!
Special added event for 2010 - The VVA Chapter 154 presents the
MICHIGAN VIETNAM VETERAN TRAVELING MEMORIAL
also a Vietnam Living History Display
Swap Meet Spaces: Free to Great Lakes Members (non-member space fee: $15.00)
Free primitive camping for vendors, members bringing vehicles, or military displays.
Restaurants and lodging only 1 mile away: contact the Clare Chamber of Commerce at 989.386.2442.
Set-up: Anytime after 10:00 a.m. Thursday 12 August. Opening Ceremony 9AM Friday.
Military vehicle display, swap meet, re-enactors welcome!
Great Lakes MVPA annual membership applications will be available at the registration area. $15

You don't want to miss this one!

Last edited:

67Beast

Second year in a row where it has fallen on a weekend that I have other commitments for. I miss getting over there to hang out with everyone. Hopefully I see everyone there next year!

zak

I'll be there with a jeep hard top made by meyers. Some m37 parts. antenna's, sugar scoops, ect. A new 24 generator and other things on saturday.

TedG

I'll be there from Thursday night through Sunday...volunteers are always welcome. I will have a trailer full of goodies!

1986Blazerk5

I'll be there with a jeep hard top made by meyers. Some m37 parts. antenna's, sugar scoops, ect. A new 24 generator and other things on saturday.
How much are you going to sell the antenna's for?, I have been looking for a long time for 2 military antenna's to go on my M1009

TedG

I spoke to Clint B, President, GLMVPA and he wants members to know:
1. Civi vehicles (non-show vehicles) will not be allowed in the display area and the swap meet area.
2. Chock blocks are mandatory.
3. Everyone with a military vehicle(s) and items for sale must sign in upon arrival.
4. Volunteers are welcome to assist with parking and staffing the check in table.
5. Have a good time!

Armada

Looks like I won't be able to make it either. I do need an 800 series battery cover/step though, if anyone has a decent one they can part with. PM me. If you can get it to Ted, I can get it from him. Thanks Ted! ;)

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
as Ted G posted above

Chock Blocks are mandatory!

as the show area is on a hill overlooking the area, we can not allow vehicles without the wheels chocked. This is a simple item that can prevent a potential tragedy.
It is also recommended that you have a fire extinguisher in your vehicle.

pic from 2007 early morning

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
as Ted G posted above

Chock Blocks are mandatory!

as the show area is on a hill overlooking the area, we can not allow vehicles without the wheels chocked. This is a simple item that can prevent a potential tragedy.
It is also recommended that you have a fire extinguisher in your vehicle.

pic from 2007 early morning
Sharp looking ambulance Bob, who's is it??

ida34

We always chocked vehicles in the military so I consider the chock block an authentic accessory. Mine even has a chain like we used. I turn it upside down and wedge it above the pioneer rack on the deuce and put the chain inside.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We always chocked vehicles in the military so I consider the chock block an authentic accessory. Mine even has a chain like we used. I turn it upside down and wedge it above the pioneer rack on the deuce and put the chain inside.

Like this?