• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Midland Compressor never shuts off?

dansautosales

I recently purchased a 1971 M352A, Deuce and a half cargo truck. When I purchased it the air line from the block under the dash to the air pressure gauge was missing. I plugged the hole and that stopped the air leak. Now I noticed that when the truck runs the Midland air compressor runs continuously and never shuts off. The pressure keeps releasing under the truck midway back. My question is shouldn't the air compressor cycle in and out? And if so does it have a cycling switch? What would make the compressor run non stop? Thanks for your help.

rat4spd

If the compressor is not unloading via the governor, and always pumping air, something has to give, and that would be the safey valve (pop off.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks