• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military "Cattle-Cars"

N1265

I dont remember ours at Pendelton in the 80s having seats. I also dont remember them having windows that could close.

I Do remember being able to look out, and the rides being awfull dusty.....

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In '91-92 when I was in the USMCdet at Ft. Sill we rode in them. Blazing hot in the heat and freezing cold in the winter!

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "seats' I remember were just boxed in areas in the lower corners and maybe over the fenders. They didn't seem to have much thought or practical design.

There are a few people I'd like to meet in my life. One: the guy who invented the military cot. Two: The guy who came up with a few of the MRE recipes. And, three: The guy who invented the cattle-car. A few minutes with each. That's all. I will NOT hit, slice, cut, gouge, punch, slap, kick, shoot, hang, drag, hurt or physically harm them in any way what-so-ever. But, I would like to say something to them. Just a few simple words. Now, I might hurt their feelings, but that would be all. :D

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OIF, please add to your list the guy(s) who designed the brake fluid checking procedure on deuces and 5-tons.

Cheers

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whenever we were working on something together, my dad would always say, "Someone's parents wasted a lot of money sending them to college to become the engineer that designed this ______!"

Or, he's say, "Someone with an engineering degree designed this!"

It would cause me to think. I've grown older now, and I understand what he was trying to communicate.

(He didn't care much for engineers).

I'm turning out to be a lot like my dad in that way.

If you look at Westy's pic, I suppose one of the old man's philosophies might apply there as well!

54reo

m.walker...

that is the one from Ft. Leonard Wood that was on GL awhile back

thanks for posting the pics, I couldn't find mine

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That'd be a cattle-car alright!

Imagine it filled with soldiers, sailors, airmen, or Marines, "moo-ing!" It was always worth the laugh.

Days gone by.

Amazing.

deuceman51

Well I can verify they were still being used at FT. Leonard Wood as of June 2007 when I was there. I also have a nice cattle car pic, but since it is a .bmp file the computer gods wont let me post it. If I remember right it also has at least one displeased soldier in the background like westys, lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks