• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Cutoff Disconnect Switch HMMWV Battery

SmartDrug

I appreciate your help with this. I have a much better sense of the electrical system now.
Regarding the switch, I’ve seen a handful with the same specs but different model numbers. I think I’m going to call Hella tomorrow to clarify.

I’m also going to take this opportunity to remove the slave port and the rear shelter power plug to clean up the box a bit.

nikojo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In your diagram you can wire it so you cut off the 'green' and leave the "blue" alone or as Mogman pointed out do it the opposite way. That effectively does the same thing assuming you cut off both switches. I like doing it my way by cutting off the interconnect between the batteries in case I added other 12V circuits in the future. That way I don't have to add any more to the switch.

The switch I used is 2 switches in one so it does it all together.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks