• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Fire Trucks

fasttruck

Post 459 illustrates the problems of using deuces to haul water in likely unbaffled tanks. Most tanks if they have baffles at all or for front to back. Make a sharp turn, the load shifts to the outside and over you go. If the capacity of the tank is 800 gallons, that weighs about 6600 pounds plus the weight of the tank which gets a M35 up to the highway weight rating. The Army used to put 1200 gallon tanker pumper units in M35s. After a few wrecks in the field they switched to 5 tons. I recall the NFPA or NIOSH reported the principle cause of firefighter deaths in apparatus accidents are tanker roll-overs. Be guided accordingly.

amgeneral72

I also pray for his recovery.

The P-23 has come and gone. It was delivered Friday. We were able to jump it and roll it off the RGN but had no power to the cab. Finally we discovered a power distribution lug in the cab threw a jump pack on it and the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. We were then able to take her for a spin and boy she really rolls the coal. It was surprisingly quick for a vehicle that weighs 49,000 lbs. Later we found a bad battery disconnect solenoid was the culprit. A quick wash and some new graphics and she's off to work.
IMG_0282.jpgIMG_0281.jpgIMG_0292.jpgIMG_0293.jpgIMG_0288.jpgIMG_0295.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks