• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Fire Trucks

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I've been watching this ad on a local news website for sometime. They seem to be motivated sellers, the price has come down a bit and now they've listed the Fire Truck as "OBO".

I haven't looked at it in person nor have I contacted the seller. I wouldn't know what to do with it!

The fire truck LOOKS in great shape, pretty impressive:
Cedar City, UT - $3,500 (running condition, clean title)
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=10247313&cat=&lpid=&

Heck, even looks shiny in some of the pictures! I need more money...

Last edited:

tamangel

1956 International Fire Truck from Dover AFB

info in link below:

"1956 International Harvester
750-Gallon-Per-Minute (GPM) Pumper

When it was retired at Dover AFB in 1992, this was the oldest truck in the USAF inventory. For the last several years of its career it was a standby fire truck shipped to other air force bases to fill in when other equipment was in repair.

Originally pruchased by the U.S. Army for about $15,000, it was transferred to the USAF around 1971.

Equipped with a 750 gpm pump, the truck has two 1-1/2" outlets, two 2-1/2" outlets, and can pick up water from fire hydrants or open sources such as a pond.

The truck was re-equipped to standard configuration by the Dover AFB Fire Department, repainted by MAACO, restored to running condition by Dawson Bus Service, and lovingly maintained by museum volunteers."

from this web page:
1956 International Harvester - Dover AFB, DE - Fire Fighting Vehicles on Waymarking.com

Mike

Attachments

tamangel

1942 Chevrolet Class 125 Airfield Crash Truck @ Warner Robbins

"The Class 125 Crash Truck was built on the Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford,
International and Mack 4x2 Chassis. Bodies were manufactured by Mack, Seagrave, General Pacific, John Bean and General. It was equipped with a special midship mounted mulit-cylinder piston pump having a capacity of 50-60 gpm. at 600 lbs. pump pressure. The water tank held 300 gals. and the foam tank held 20 gals. Three 100 ft. 3/4 in. high pressure lines were stored in the rear of the vehicle or on reels atop the hose body. The truck was equipped with hand tools for rescue work. Unofficial records and research indicated about 999
Class 125's were produced"

from this web page:
1942 Chevrolet Class 125 Airfield Crash Truck - Museum of Aviation, Warner Robins, GA - Fire Fighting Vehicles on Waymarking.com

Mike

Attachments

Stan Leschert

So I've been watching this ad on a local news website for sometime. They seem to be motivated sellers, the price has come down a bit and now they've listed the Fire Truck as "OBO".

I haven't looked at it in person nor have I contacted the seller. I wouldn't know what to do with it!
If shipping would not be so stupid, that thing would be moving NORTH!

tamangel

Deuce Brush Rig Palm Bay Florida

"This is a Bush Truck located at the Palm Bay Fire Department in Palm Bay Florida. This truck is used primarily for Heavy wooded areas, thick Palmettos and heavy brush which Florida has allot of. There are about 6 of these trucks in Palm Bay and 2 in the next town of Melbourne These trucks hold 1000 gallons of water which they pump out the front and sides. The Fire fighter sits on the hood and sprays the fire. I live in a thick brush area and have seen this truck in action, it can plow over and through just about anything. That's nice to know in this area of Palm Bay."

from this web page:
Palm Bay Fire Department Bush Truck - Fire Fighting Vehicles on Waymarking.com

Mike

Attachments

tamangel

since the web site for the engine for sale in Cedar City, UT was posted above ( post # 202), I thought I would post pics of the rig (for history and reference) also as the ad will eventually disapear and the pic's would be lost..

see post #223 below for additional pic's of this engine..

Mike

Attachments

Last edited:

tamangel

CCKW? as Fire Truck or Fueler..

Came home the scenic route today with about 30 miles of dirt road up in the hills and came across this relic by the side of the road..

What is it? GMC, IH, Stude, Old Fuel Truck turned local Fire Tender or ?
I didn't feel like scaling the barbwire fence and couldn't find anyone in the vicinity to ask..
Enclosed, are a few pics and a manual page of the possible truck or not:

http://www.cckw.org/fueloil7501.jpg

any input appreciated..

Mike

Attachments

pwrwagonfire

Came home the scenic route today with about 30 miles of dirt road up in the hills and came across this relic by the side of the road..

What is it? GMC, IH, Stude, Old Fuel Truck turned local Fire Tender or ?
I didn't feel like scaling the barbwire fence and couldn't find anyone in the vicinity to ask..
Enclosed, are a few pics and a manual page of the possible truck or not:

http://www.cckw.org/fueloil7501.jpg

any input appreciated..

Mike
Very cool! I'd have to say it IS military, as you can see the blackout marker lights in a couple of the pictures...poor thing seems to be parked in its final resting place! Looks to me like an inhouse built fire tender, but I could be wrong.

Jetnoise400

What we're looking at here Gentlemen, is an International Harvester M-5-6 that has been heavily modified into what looks like a brush truck or water tender.

When in service, it looked more like this:

Attachments

Ukie

Can anyone recommend a source that would tell me what agency issued this license plate? I think it's WWII, but I don't even know whether it is military or not:
US Government
MC 173
Unfortunately, I don't have a photo (yet). Sorry if this is the wrong forum; I'm new to this.

tamangel

License Plate's...

Can anyone recommend a source that would tell me what agency issued this license plate? I think it's WWII, but I don't even know whether it is military or not:
US Government
MC 173
Ukie, here's a couple of links for you although your description doesn't show up.. When you can, take a pic and put it in the 'Conversations Forum', asking for help..

1941 - 1945 Military License Plates and License Plate Toppers Page

US Government license plate codes

http://www.worldlicenceplates.com/usa/US_XGOV.html

Mike

Last edited:

tamangel

1965 kaiser jeep 2 1/2 ton 6x6 military brush fire truck

ebay auction item # 250654717429
ended Jun 28, 201006:33:00 PDT
Wining Bid $5500.00 w/ 6 bids
truck location: Lake Ronkonkoma, NY, United States
no connection with sale/info only..

1965 KAISER JEEP MILITARY 2 ½ TON 6X6 M35 FMC HIGH PRESSURE BRUSH FIRE TRUCK
· VIN# 012512209
· CURRENT MILEAGE – 5292
· CURRENT ENGINE HOURS – 1808.6
· ENGINE – WHITE MULTIFUEL MODEL#- LDT4651C
· NEW FUEL INJECTION PUMP AND FUEL INJECTORS
· NEW TURBOCHARGER
· 5 SPEED MANUEL TRANSMISSION
· AIR O MATIC POWER STEERING SYSTEM
· HYDRAULIC/AIR BRAKE SYSTEM
· 12 VOLT ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
· 6 GENERAL HCT 11.00 – 20 HEAVY DUTY TIRES
· DUAL REAR WHEEL AXLES CONVERTED TO SINGLE WHEEL AXLES AND FITTED WITH THE APPROPRIATE TIRES RATED FOR ALL TERRAIN CONDITIONS

12,000 POUND RAMSEY ELECTRIC WINCH WITH NEW 100FT CABLE

PUMP AND MOTOR

· NEW 500 GALLON PRO-POLY WATER TANK WITH BAFFLES
· FMC JOHN BEAN HIGH PRESSURE PUMP
· PUMP MODEL # 6-60
· PUMP PART # 1283529-33
· PUMPS 60 GALLONS A MINUTE AT 800 PSI
· 1 – 100 FOOT 3/4” HOSE REEL WITH ELECTRIC REWIND
· 4 – 10 FOOT 3/4” HAND LINES
· 5 – FMC JOHN BEAN #785 PRESSURE/FOG NOZZLES
· 2003 JOHN DEERE 4.5L DIESEL ENGINE TO DRIVE PUMP
· SERIAL # - PE4045D272758
· MODEL # - 4045DF150
· ENGINE HOURS – 70.6

LIGHTING
· FEDERAL SIGNAL JETSTREAM ROOF LIGHTBAR
· CODE 3 MODEL 550 REAR WARNING LIGHT
· 4 FRONT FLOOD WORK LIGHTS
· 2 REAR FLOOD WORK LIGHTS

SIREN
· FEDERAL SIGNAL PA300 SIREN SYSTEM WITH PA
· 100 WATT SIREN SPEAKER

TRUCK IS IN OVERALL GOOD CONDITION. RUNS AND DRIVES.ENGINE RUNS GREAT BUT THERE IS SOME SMOKE FROM EXHAUST WITCH SEEMS TO BE FUEL BUT DOES NOT EFFECT THE RUNNING OF THE TRUCK.INTERIOR BENCH SEAT IS IN NEED OF REPAIR DUE TO UPLOSTRY BEING RIPPED,CURRENTLY BEING COVER WITH CLOTH. PUMP AND PUMP MOTOR RUN EXCELLENT.

THIS TRUCK WAS USED FOR OFF ROAD BRUSH FIRE OPERATIONS.THE TRUCK IS BEING SOLD DUE TO THE LIMITED AMOUNT OF WOODED AREAS CURRENTLY IN THE FIRE DISTRICT WHICH THIS VEHICLE IS TO BIG FOR.

DUE TO VEHICLE BEING IN THE FIRE SERVICE, THE VEHICLE HAS NEVER BEEN REGISTERED ,THEREFOR WE DO NOT HOLD A TITLE. WE HAVE ALL NECESSARY PAPERWORK TO TRANSFER OWNERSHIP TO OBTAIN TITLE

no connection with sale/info only..

Mike

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks