• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military paint? olive drab?

mikegoobs

Im trying to find some paint for my M1009 but i cant figure out what would be closest to original military green. The forestry service bought it before me and painted it white and its a really crappy paint job. What type of paint should i use???

RealCavDog

Just typed in "military paint" and got over 39 PAGES of threads on the subject ! Not just threads, but PAGES of theads.

The search is located on the left side, down towards the bottom ! I am very surprised that when you were posting, that it did not prompt you to the similar threads ?

A very large amount of this type of issue lately, so maybe the site is not working properly ?

Anyway, I am sure you may find your answer there, though I did see one titled "M1008 paint", among the many choices, and I wasn't even really looking !

coecamo

I found paint sample color strips at lowes compared to my M1008 took selected sample to PAINTERS SUPPLY. They scanned it mixed me a gallon of flat machinery paint . Its acrilic enamel and off I go. Custom mix flattener added $50.00 out the door

jholler

"The information you need is:

DuPont Vinyl Color
C8580J Code: 7465
Color: Dark Bronze

You have a choice of low, medium or high gloss. I find the medium gloss looks like the stock color!"

Credit to NEWFDAD

That's the interior dash and door panels, by the way. I haven't tried yet, but I hear the rattle cans from rapoco are an excellent match for exterior touchup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks