• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military paint? olive drab?

mikegoobs

Im trying to find some paint for my M1009 but i cant figure out what would be closest to original military green. The forestry service bought it before me and painted it white and its a really crappy paint job. What type of paint should i use???

RealCavDog

Just typed in "military paint" and got over 39 PAGES of threads on the subject ! Not just threads, but PAGES of theads.

The search is located on the left side, down towards the bottom ! I am very surprised that when you were posting, that it did not prompt you to the similar threads ?

A very large amount of this type of issue lately, so maybe the site is not working properly ?

Anyway, I am sure you may find your answer there, though I did see one titled "M1008 paint", among the many choices, and I wasn't even really looking !

coecamo

I found paint sample color strips at lowes compared to my M1008 took selected sample to PAINTERS SUPPLY. They scanned it mixed me a gallon of flat machinery paint . Its acrilic enamel and off I go. Custom mix flattener added $50.00 out the door

jholler

"The information you need is:

DuPont Vinyl Color
C8580J Code: 7465
Color: Dark Bronze

You have a choice of low, medium or high gloss. I find the medium gloss looks like the stock color!"

Credit to NEWFDAD

That's the interior dash and door panels, by the way. I haven't tried yet, but I hear the rattle cans from rapoco are an excellent match for exterior touchup.