• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Vehicle Camper Insurance

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just updating different threads so in the future people can find the info.

Help in Florida!!! Hope you guys can help me out. I’ve had my LMTV insured through State Farm for 7 years as a truck. I just converted the title to be registered as an RV. This morning my local State Farm agent said they can’t insure it as an RV and will be dropping my coverage in April. Who do you have for insurance? I’ve reached out to many other companies companies and no luck.
My LMTV is through State farm as a truck. I've already explained that it will become an RV and they said just send us photos and description when the time comes and they'll cover it.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Updating everything I can. I convinced State Farm to resubmit it to the underwriters. This time with 50 some pictures of the completed vehicle inside and out, a detailed list of everything on it including pricing, all of its features and a copy of the registration proving it was registered as a motor home. Six weeks later I finally got it approved for coverage!!! I did the happy dance🎉

Sorry about the confusion I didn’t mean to repost that one earlier.

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a sit down with my State Farm agent yesterday to go over policies I have. My truck is currently registered as a truck and I asked if I changed it to a RV. He said no problem. I mentioned reading some people getting denied and he said we have always insured RV's. It's possibly the conversion to RV raising the flag and requires a lot of documentation for the underwrites to understand as mentioned above or certain states. He is going to work on finding a policy that would cover my truck for a certain value, I'll have to see what he comes up with.

Of note which my agent also told me about is Hagerty and State Farm working together. He said they purchased Hagerty, article say strategic alliance, possibly marketing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks