• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military vehicles at car shows

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Used to, quite often. The SCMVCC was asked to participate in them all the time. We would pull up, get into position and all the people around us would be dusting and waxing their junk, I would woop out a rattle can and start touching up! They loved me :beer:

GregSLSTJ

This is a very interesting thread to me. I have been approached about displaying my deuce at the Wheels of Time event, this August, in Macungie, PA. The Wheels of Time are a street rod organization, but this year their theme is to be a salute to the military and military veterans. I have been on the fence about participating in this event. This thread has me strongly considering participating in this event. For Steel Soldiers members in the eastern PA area, PM me and I will give you the details and contacts if you want to participate in this event.
I might be interested in this. Maybe taking my M35A2 or M923A2. Looks like I live about 100 miles away so that's not to bad for a day trip. I entered in a show in New Jersey last year and won top 100 truck and won the highest truck competition.

Attachments

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Went to the local Saturday night cruise in in Dennis, MA. Had a great time. Lots of looks when we pulled in. Crammed me in pretty tight to a nice Nash station wagon. Everybody was receptive. :driver:

NovacaineFix

I went to a local car show, 'bout 40 miles away, got there and I was the only MV in sight. Plenty of Detroit Muscle, but no MV's.

Couldn't really park anywhere, until finally someone left and I snatched their spot. I don't really know what to do, so I had printed out a simple one-sided information sheet basically telling people what it was and some of the specs. That and I figure, some people like to look but are shy to ask any questions.

Went to a more local car show recently where it was off-road vehicle night. We'll again, the only MV and the only 6x6 there. So many of the off-road guys were looking at the Rockwell axle up front and drooling.

The only other time I went, they had a tribute to the Military night, so I brought mine and hung with the group of other MV's. This time I wasn't the only 5-ton or 6x6 there. Good to be in like company.

13237766_10206263005429788_1410788432618006400_n.jpg

wiggall

i hit car shows all the time ill upload some pics when i can you should see the guys looking when i roll into the lowrider shows
I know what you mean! The first day that we had THE BEAUTIFUL BEAST. I drove into a town where we were going to stay the nigh, and a low rider drove by me, and all in the car had their heads up looking up at me!r001-012.jpg

wiggall

Going to take it to Hot August Nights in Lewiston?
I take it to a pre car show in Clarkston, Wa at the 4 10 DRIVE IN! I might some time take it to the HOT AUGUST NIGHT CAR SHOW but this year my wife, and I will be heading to san Diego, Ca for an USS EDSON DD946 ship's reunion!

NovacaineFix

I take it to a pre car show in Clarkston, Wa at the 4 10 DRIVE IN! I might some time take it to the HOT AUGUST NIGHT CAR SHOW but this year my wife, and I will be heading to san Diego, Ca for an USS EDSON DD946 ship's reunion!

well have a good time when you arrive here in San Diego. If you want to take a ride in another 809 series truck, just look me up. I actually live quite close to downtown, it would be an honor.

The Stig

I take mine to Caffeine and Octane here in Atlanta first sunday of each month. Love talking to all the gentlemen that come by having worked on, drove, or spent time with them in the military. Always a wonderful story to hear from each of them. Also nice to see their face light up when they see it. The folks with no other exposure that seeing them are amazed at its size, and the fact I dont mind if they sit in it to get an idea what its like. Always a great conversation starter.

IMG_0808-1.jpgIMG_0810.jpg

Rmtaunton

I take mine to Caffeine and Octane here in Atlanta first sunday of each month. Love talking to all the gentlemen that come by having worked on, drove, or spent time with them in the military. Always a wonderful story to hear from each of them. Also nice to see their face light up when they see it. The folks with no other exposure that seeing them are amazed at its size, and the fact I dont mind if they sit in it to get an idea what its like. Always a great conversation starter.

View attachment 638146View attachment 638147
Where is that stig ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

The Stig

It's at perimeter mall on ashford dunwoody rd. First Sunday of each month. Year round unless they change that this year. Only other military vehicles I have seen were a m715 and one time there was a GPA. Would love to have more there to group up together. I'm usually there by 6 am because I drive there after my night shift at work. But it opens at 7 am and goes till noon.

http://caffeineandoctane.com/

https://www.facebook.com/CaffeineAndOctane/

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

View attachment 638146View attachment 638147

Nice shirt :D

Did you do a transfer upgrade? Nice lockouts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks