• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military vehicles at car shows

1944mb

Okay, so I did a little searching and couldn't find a thread on this, but I wanted to see some of your guys' military vehicles at car shows. While I love to see a redone muscle car with shiny paint and chrome, nothing brings a smile to my face to see an OD, no chrome, no frills, ugly duckling military vehicle amongst the chrome. It's a reminder to me that I'm not the only one who think OD is prettier than chrome! Here my deuce at one! The blue mustang is a trailer queen, the owner asked what was I gonna do with the deuce--this ain't no trailer queen, drive it of course! Do you guys have any pics of your vehicles amongst the chrome?

Attachments

kenet3621

Winnsboro SC Air Show May 2016

You can see my M1079 just to the right of the yellow airplane. It was the only MV at the show.
Winnsboro Show (1).jpg

Reflection of the M1079 from hub cap of a 1945 Ford.
Winnsboro Show (10).jpg

toddbe

I take mine all the time. I normally head to the far end of the show area. Because its 'old military truck' I let kids, including the 'grown up' ones climb in and see it. Then I share why we do what we do!

20120811_084131.jpg

Gunzy

Here is my M985 at an animal shelter benefit car show.13445384_10204663553989202_5744492598677679643_n.jpg Here is my friend and mines M923s in to center.unnamed.jpg And here is one of my M923 when I loaded my Bricklin and showed this way.604161_10202502964775822_3878810485734351431_n.jpg

steelandcanvas

Car Show.jpg

This was taken at a local car show my Wife and I attended last year in July. The car "purists" look at you strangely when all you do to get ready is dung out the trash in the cab, and maybe clean the bugs off the windshield...while they are polishing and spit-shining their vehicles.

1944mb

View attachment 632152

This was taken at a local car show my Wife and I attended last year in July. The car "purists" look at you strangely when all you do to get ready is dung out the trash in the cab, and maybe clean the bugs off the windshield...while they are polishing and spit-shining their vehicles.
Definitely that's how they looked at me. They were polishing away. My wife thought I should dig out a can of OD paint and touch up a few spots-just in response to their spit shining! Oh well takes all kinds

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There were 4 of us at the Audey L Murphy VA Hospital "Ride A Crooked Trail" show in June - a Land Rover, M151, M923A2 and my M1078. They parked us away from the shiny stuff but we had better shade.

image.jpg

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Every 1st Friday in Gadsden, Alabama they block off the main street and have a street fair that includes cars and other vehicles. Myself and some of the other collectors in the area usually try to show the flag with a few military vehicles.

I have also used mine at a benefit for the Humane Society and for Veteran related parades and events.

Attachments

dmetalmiki

I like going to any show whatever is being presented. And yes, we do get some odd looks, but , again yes, the "children" (of all ages) just love climbing into and on the trucks. And taking pictures to record the event. I have to say, it's really nice when the children thank you, as do most adults.

Attachments

Last edited:

1944mb

I like going to any show whatever is being presented. And yes, we do get some odd looks, but , again yes, the "children" (of all ages) just love climbing into and on the trucks. And taking pictures to record the event. I have to say, it's really nice when the children thank you, as do most adults.
That's the part I enjoyed most. Heck yeah climb up there and have a look-don't worry about smudging the paint, it already is. I find people like stuff they can touch

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello miki,

Is it just my eyes or are your winch truck bumpers mounted upside down?

Beautiful display either way!

Rick

Rick

603hellmutt

Bring my truck to local meets every now and then, my f350 just isn't cool enough. They usually put me up front with the show trucks, and by no means is my truck show quality
image.jpg

quickfarms

I have been asked not to come back to a few car shows, the promoters got upset that a green vehicle drew more attention than the show cars.

There are plenty of shows that I do attend.

nukem

When I get my deuce 100% safe and functional, I want to have my daughter do a tractor pull in "Matilda". I bought her not running, no brakes and no clutch due to rear main leak.

Now running(stuck fuel shut-off). Air pak and slave cylinders on the way. Clutch package is next as far as parts go.

Neighborhood kids climb on her and love the low speed crawl around the block.

I hope I can get her roadwerthy before puberty really kicks in.

Daughter used to pilot my shovelhead. People on the interstate would video us. 9yr old sitting in my lap running the handlebars and controls. My fxe had factory ramshorns and fit perfect.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks