• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Minimal towing rig for a 7-ton CRV(T)?

kcimb

It fits! I bought the truck not knowing then length of the bed less the length of the ramps. I figured it was going to be close and worst-case I could chop a little off the ends of the ramps. The APC is a half-foot longer so turns out it's just about perfect.
Just a bare hull, but it's a bare hull that's out of my shop for the first time in years and ready to be sandblasted at long last!
Getting it up the ramps was a bit arduous with just the one pair of road-wheels and the forks on my lift are really short.
Now I need to get it chained up and go to the local scale, I've been wondering what a bare hull weighs. based on how the foklift ran it's sort of close to the weight of a Mk1 Ferret.
View attachment 808347
View attachment 808349
You win on king of the projects. That's gonna be a bear. What parts do you need?

ETA: Everything.

teletech

You win on king of the projects. That's gonna be a bear. What parts do you need?

ETA: Everything.
What parts, for which?
For the CVR(T) I'd like to find a diesel gearbox and a turret traverse gearbox. I have pretty much the rest of it, though my clutch is pretty grotty.
For the Ferret I really need a set of brake hoses, Solex B rebuild kit, and a gearshifter lever assembly.
It's been really hard finding someone in the UK to deal with me this time around for some reason. I know the US hasn't exactly endeared ourselves to the world but dang!

The CVR(T) arrived looking very complete but had been a duck-pond for a decade or two apparently based on the level of water damage.
Photo Apr 27, 9 33 38 AM.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks