• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Minimal towing rig for a 7-ton CRV(T)?

kcimb

It fits! I bought the truck not knowing then length of the bed less the length of the ramps. I figured it was going to be close and worst-case I could chop a little off the ends of the ramps. The APC is a half-foot longer so turns out it's just about perfect.
Just a bare hull, but it's a bare hull that's out of my shop for the first time in years and ready to be sandblasted at long last!
Getting it up the ramps was a bit arduous with just the one pair of road-wheels and the forks on my lift are really short.
Now I need to get it chained up and go to the local scale, I've been wondering what a bare hull weighs. based on how the foklift ran it's sort of close to the weight of a Mk1 Ferret.
View attachment 808347
View attachment 808349
You win on king of the projects. That's gonna be a bear. What parts do you need?

ETA: Everything.

teletech

You win on king of the projects. That's gonna be a bear. What parts do you need?

ETA: Everything.
What parts, for which?
For the CVR(T) I'd like to find a diesel gearbox and a turret traverse gearbox. I have pretty much the rest of it, though my clutch is pretty grotty.
For the Ferret I really need a set of brake hoses, Solex B rebuild kit, and a gearshifter lever assembly.
It's been really hard finding someone in the UK to deal with me this time around for some reason. I know the US hasn't exactly endeared ourselves to the world but dang!

The CVR(T) arrived looking very complete but had been a duck-pond for a decade or two apparently based on the level of water damage.
Photo Apr 27, 9 33 38 AM.jpg