• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT-75 It started out that I wanted to make a tactical burger.

HUNvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I bought one in the States and brought it home on an adventurous journey (to Hungary).
tempImagetigQfq.jpg
Luckily, the container arrived not far from my home, and since I couldn’t find a trailer large enough, I pulled home with the Humvee.
F68E9C93-F341-4BE3-A9EE-ED2175289E02.jpeg
There were injuries on it during transport, now I have to fix them. The side ramp was damaged, one of the roof windows was broken (and missing), the wiring harness was torn ...
In addition, the side carrier covers are missing, and the front and roof are torn.
There are four MBUs added, two of which have been successfully started. I need to find fuel cans, Amphenol connectors and fuel filler connectors (or fuel adapter for jerry cans) for MBUs, cold weather skirts, side travel covers (or all of four, because she has the weaker ones).
There are Cambro food carriers without the stainless lids and lots of goodies.
So, I still have to review the TM for what is missing, but for now, it seems very complete.
tempImage5HMGib.jpg
For the time being, I took her to our company, there is room for her. Of course, everyone asks when we make company burgers :) I hope in a few weeks.
I might have been able to make a burger cheaper, but I’m really happy for it!

HUNvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very cool. Good luck with it! Will you be able to find the items you are looking for in Europe?
In Europe, I don’t think I can find parts for it.
I’m not going to the US now because of the pandemic, but I have friends in Texas and Florida. They can send me the stuffs, if I can find.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like you need to get one of mt MKT-Info USB drives. I think the original thread was "MKT Thumb Drive" when there was only about 1.3 GB of files. The last one I sent out was over 5.5 GB, maybe as much as 10 GB with some other Distribution A manuals that I have in electronic format. It does include the official US Army Quartermaster School booklet on setting up and closing down an MKT properly. Send me your address in a 'conversation' and I'll try to get a drive made up for you.

HUNvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took the side ramp to my friend, who is restoring old porsches. I told him this is a priority project. I hope he can handle it! :)
Repaired one of the crackup jack. It was assembled incorrectly. Now perfect.
Need to find two red side reflectors (US made, not china)
Have to check the leveling jacks. One of the support hollow section is broken and two of the jacks is works hard.
What is the exact color of the MKT-75 if I want to use Gillespie paint?

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
"
"tactical burger"
"

To heck with that perfect color of the vehicle, poopie stuff.
I never even thought, not once, about everything or anything feeding me yummy good stuff.
I a hungry guy, especially in the cold.............
I never got that burger which I really really wanted, grew up at McDonalds, that is WHY You got my attention, Like the title............

At that time way back then, it was three squares a day and French fries were unheard of,
In barracks....... Colonel said it was part of my pay
Or maybe sometimes, Where We had to goto, no meals a day, or one................
Ate out of a can , We improvised.

Scrounger

"
"tactical burger"
"

To heck with that perfect color of the vehicle, poopie stuff.
I never even thought, not once, about everything or anything feeding me yummy good stuff.
I a hungry guy, especially in the cold.............
I never got that burger which I really really wanted, grew up at McDonalds, that is WHY You got my attention, Like the title............

At that time way back then, it was three squares a day and French fries were unheard of,
In barracks....... Colonel said it was part of my pay
Or maybe sometimes, Where We had to goto, no meals a day, or one................
Ate out of a can , We improvised.
Your post reminded me of the “joyful” times at the JWSERE school run by Scout Rangers in the Philippines. You would be surprised how happy one can become when one comes upon some taro plants. Boiled taro and cray fish were a feast. Every so often they would spoil us with rice.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wife really looked at me weird one time when I eating down a can of peaches.
I told her I miss the little green paint flecks in there.
That look, she gave me... kindah means She don 't even know where
I been OR What I did, so it is better NOT to tell Her, just leave it at the peaches.
She has not given me that facial expression in over 35 years now

HUNvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have a JP8 right now. Do you think A1 Jet Fuel is better than diesel? I have that.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
JP8 is basically A1 jet with some additional additives.
Diesel is similar to both without any of the additives needed for high altitude and whatnot.

I know we ran our HMMWVs on diesel or JP8, just used whichever was closer at the time.

In the end I don't think it will make any difference between the three, so use whatever is most readily available and cost effective.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have always run my MBU's on diesel, unless I'm given jet fuel! Jet fuel is waterless kerosene/diesel with antifreeze (anti-gel), biocides, and corrosion inhibitors. From what I've been told, the difference between Jet-A and JP-8 is the strength of the antifreeze, since military jets fly higher than commercial. It is the common fuel of the US Military (and most allied nations).

HUNvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hate new diesels in the EU. They have a 7% bio component that breaks down in a year, settles down and becomes like a jelly. Therefore, if I have to shut down a diesel for a long time, I would rather fill it with jet fuel. Also emergency generators.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks