• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT-75 It started out that I wanted to make a tactical burger.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's awesome.....I am sure there are plenty of folks that cooked on them that would not agree with me, but I find opening it up and preparing a feast is a lot of fun. Glad to see you have been able to get her up and running after that journey across the sea.

HUNvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a question!
Either the kitchen is fattened or the jacket has shrunk, but the velcro fasteners don’t touch.
What do I do with this?
900F446F-C438-42ED-A884-95B27C2C288D.jpeg

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pan in the second picture is what I use to make the 'poppabear' Chilimac in. For just one of those pans you would need about 2.7 kilos of macaroni, cooked and put into the pan, add 1.7 liters of ketchup, and two #10 cans of 'chili no beans'. The US #10 can is 18 cm high and 15.5 cm in diameter which usually holds 115 US ounces or about 3.4 liters. Stir well then put in the top of the oven until it starts to bubble around the edges. Then sprinkle 1 kilo of grated (we use mild cheddar) cheese over the top and continue to cook till the cheese has melted, then serve! Should be enough for 35-40 adults, or 10 teenage boys. If you make your own chili, you can vary the ingredients to suit your own taste. There should be a chili recipe in the TM 10-412 if you cannot purchase already made cans, should be in Section L (page 30 of the full index), item L 028 02.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a question!
Either the kitchen is fattened or the jacket has shrunk, but the velcro fasteners don’t touch.
What do I do with this?
View attachment 828855
Stretch them. You have three sizes, the longest goes on the sides, then the middle piece should have 'fire exit' painted on the inside - that part goes in the middle, then the smallest panel goes over the remaining part of the end. Remember, the military generally had this smallest part open so the soldiers could go up and down on the ends, not on the side as you setup. The fire steps for the cooks is setup in the middle of the rear of the trailer. The solid walls are generally only used in inclement weather. If it is mainly rainy then the screens are setup inside the walls and the bottom of the walls are held out by the eight stainless steel rods, while the screens are secured to the floor to keep insects out. Only in very cold weather would the walls be kept closed, and then you would be also using the cold weather skirt from the floor down to the ground to help the cooks feet stay a little warmer.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saturn Surplus has the original military reflectors. Maybe your USA friends can help you and ship?

HUNvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We got a Drash XB tent. The floor, lifting rods and stakes are missing. It hasn't been set up yet, so we don't even know which size. I think it could be 5XB.
Today we repaired the damaged rods in over 100 degrees in the sun. At least the epoxy dried quickly :)
New mission on Tuesday!

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We got a Drash XB tent. The floor, lifting rods and stakes are missing. It hasn't been set up yet, so we don't even know which size. I think it could be 5XB.
Today we repaired the damaged rods in over 100 degrees in the sun. At least the epoxy dried quickly :)
New mission on Tuesday!

Nice....pictures tell the story though so share when you can

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks