• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MO OK AR KS TX rally

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you talk a friend into driving one of them? Tell ya what, people either love to drive them or hate to drive them. Sort of like owning cats.. no middle ground.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As probably the BBS's cat person, I've heard them all !! Note the recipie in my sig;
"Occasionally, fish heads and other fish scraps boiled with or without rice, and broken up into pieces of a suitable size with some of the liquor in which they have been boiled, will make a nice change and be much relished."
--is not a post-apocalyptic French delicacy, it's an 18th century stew to be cooked for the cat's enjoyment.

davesgmc

oh and speaking of the ferret.......

I took her off road down a real gnarly trail sat late afternoon. I made it all the way back, knocked down a few (lots) of trees in a field, no problems at all. Now this area I dorve back in I have driven hundreds of times. It hasent been driven in or on in about 5 years, so there are (or rather WERE) trees where there were no trees. Lots of tall grass, really tall grass. I was just about back out to the main road and had to cross an old dry creek bed. I have driven thorugh this many times, dry or full of water no problem. WELL....There was until now. I got stuck in a rut, backed out 3 times, deciced to go around it, slid off the side of the creek bed. I drive straight into it, it drops down about 4 feet. he ferret drive straight up out of the ditch to just hit another tree in front of me. I backed up, or rather tried to, the drop off was way too steep to back up, i was just buring the back of the ferret into the hard earth. I gunned it back forward and it slid sideways, right into a tree! smaseh the ehck out of a side bin thats made of sheet metal. The license plate also fel off in the middle of all this. its only held on by 4 magnets. i eventually with enough runnig at the hill got her out, ran over a few more trees in the process, one of them was about 20 feet tall and about 4-6 inches diamenter!

So now its back to pounidnt eh sheet metal back out and time for a repaint.. may just chage the colo this time.

just thought I would share this with ya'll

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Otherwise it looks like their "trading post", likely costly for the value but convenient. I can eat up some MRE's and do some cooking.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A look towards what the weather may do. Since the meet is at the junction of the two months, the average of the figures might be good.

www.weatherbase.com
Tulsa OK averages:

average temperature:
sept - 74
oct - 63

avg high temps:
sept - 84
oct - 74

avg lows:
sept - 62
oct - 51

record high:
sep - 105
oct - 98

record low:
sep - 35
oct - 18

avg precip:
sep - 4.2
oct - 3.4

davesgmc

i will be bringing my own food to cook and eat right there. I dont have a grill,,,,,any one bringing a grill? I have a couple of coleman type stoves, so boiling or frying wont be a problem.

jasonjc

The time is almost here guys. What kind of plans do we need to make. I'll bring a gas grill and some fire wood. Water jugs. What else do we need or need to plan?????????????????????????????????????

Only 37 days left!!!!!!!!!!

davesgmc

need a way to get ferret down there...I am debating on driving it. Either way I will be tere, either in a ferret, or in a crown vic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks