• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mod five tonner rims

stagehc

I know this thread has been started but....

just for the record, can you slice out the center of 2.5 tonne rim and weld it into a 5 tonner super-single and then hack out the superflous middle section?

cheers from over here,

cole

40grit

I had looked at water-jetting a center plate, with the 5 ton beadlock patterna and the 2.5 stud pattern, sandwich that between the 2 halves and bolt down, cut off the 5 ton pattern and you have some 2.5 ton rims, I had planned on 1/2 plate, widens the rim to 10.5" but no welding or chance of warpage..I'd try this with the older rims that had a bunch of bolts, not the newer ones that have 1/2 what the others did...somewhere spicer has pictures of the rims I was looking at...

stagehc

Looks Like I wont need to go through all the drama. Here is a pic of a stock 2.5 tonne rim with a 395/85 XML stuffed on it. I was always taught you could use a narrower rim, but not a wider one.

Cheers from over here!

Cole