• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

modern burner unit v3 not working

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, it starts okay on full power (flame) and then dies? Or does it flicker but stays lit? Have you read through the TM? I do have nos pumps and fuel blocks if you need them but give a little more detail about how it's not holding a flame. I will look through the TM in the morning.

ItWasntMe00

So, it starts okay on full power (flame) and then dies? Or does it flicker but stays lit? Have you read through the TM? I do have nos pumps and fuel blocks if you need them but give a little more detail about how it's not holding a flame. I will look through the TM in the morning.
Yes starts on full power then after a few seconds it dies put, and yes I have read through the tm and it says flame sensor but it's been replaced.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you checked the compressor? maybe not enough compression to atomize the fuel . sort of like great air pressure when you start the air tools, but wains?

ItWasntMe00

You should be getting an error code. The meanings are found in Work Package 008 of the TM 10-7310-281-13P.
I did and it was er01 which doesn't make sense because I change the Nozzle, fuel filter, and air filter aswell as the flame sensor so I have no idea what this thi g is doing. 🤣🤣🤣

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did and it was er01 which doesn't make sense because I change the Nozzle, fuel filter, and air filter as well as the flame sensor so I have no idea what this thing is doing. 🤣🤣🤣
ER01 No Flame or flameout
See troubleshooting procedure “Burner fails to start or shuts down during operation.”

That tells you to go to WP - 0009 which starts a couple of pages later. Follow the instructions, there are 12 steps to go through.

Just as an aside, you can hold in the start button as long as 30 seconds, and repeat three times before doing the procedure in WP-0009. I have a couple of burners that this happens to the first two tries. Holding that button in says to the MBU "keep the spark going and keep pumping the fuel regardless of anything the electronics say". HTH.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could also make a video (with sound please) of the startup of the problem burner and post it here. I'm not the only one who has coaxed these units into behaving properly and having several sets of eyes and ears observing what you are experiencing may very well get you answers that are 'not in the book'.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks