• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modern Russian Army in the photos.

USSR

test on sobriety. Count the number of aircraft in this picture))))))))))))
B3ruTiP.jpg

USSR

" The Italian military is preparing to take part in Tank biathlon championship in Russia and came to inspect the track in Moscow , told reporters on Tuesday, the press service of the Western Military District ( WEST ) .
As reported by RIA Novosti, the representative of the press service and the Department of Defense of the Russian Federation on the ground forces ( NE ) Major Anton Goncharov, according to preliminary information , will participate in the competition crews from the U.S., Germany , France, Sweden , China, Italy , UK, and some CIS countries.In the case of a positive decision of the Italian side to participate in international competition , Tank Brigade " Ariete" , which is in service designed 30 years ago on the basis of the German tank "Leopard 2" main battle tank C1 " Ariete" , will represent Italy . "
------------------
If it happens - it will be a unique event in the world of tanks and tanks lovers!
Hope to see the Germans on Leopard and you, my friends ... on Abrams... and Merkava although it would be nice, too)))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUOGdZSPMdE

Another Ahab

The Italian military is preparing to take part in Tank biathlon championship in Russia and came to inspect the track in Moscow , competition crews from the U.S., Germany , France, Sweden , China, Italy , UK, and some CIS countries.
------------------
If it happens - it will be a unique event in the world of tanks and tanks lovers!

Military Olympics instead of war. Now that would be a wacky spin.

Last edited:

USSR

Delivery crashed helicopter Westland Sea King Mk 43B 330th Squadron Norway Russian helicopter Mi-26T (RA-06044) to the Norwegian Banak airbase. 23/12/2012
452048_original.jpg452220_original.jpgseaking1_4656136a.jpg452595_original.jpg

Another Ahab

Russian helicopter Mi-26TView attachment 471171
That's a beefy chopper, USSR (looks like you can see the weight hanging off those rotors).

I apologize but my Cyrillic and Russian is near non-existent. All I know is "Tovaristch" (friend) and "Dvotchka" (woman): figured that these two would cover all my bases in a pinch (that's a baseball metaphor: "cover bases", by the way). Man: this could turn into a translation nightmare!).

Curious: what's the Horsepower (HP) of the Mi-26T? Horesepower: that's a universal measurement, isn't it? Hoping that "horsepower" translates into Russian OK. Do you know the power rating on that machine?

USSR

That's a beefy chopper, USSR (looks like you can see the weight hanging off those rotors).

I apologize but my Cyrillic and Russian is near non-existent. All I know is "Tovaristch" (friend) and "Dvotchka" (woman): figured that these two would cover all my bases in a pinch (that's a baseball metaphor: "cover bases", by the way). Man: this could turn into a translation nightmare!).

Curious: what's the Horsepower (HP) of the Mi-26T? Horesepower: that's a universal measurement, isn't it? Hoping that "horsepower" translates into Russian OK. Do you know the power rating on that machine?
Devochka (Girl) Tovarish
http://www.russianhelicopters.aero/en/helicopters/civil/mi-26t/features.html

electrical system DC voltage 28V

Another Ahab

electrical system DC voltage 28V[/QUOTE]

What a hoot! I was afraid this would happen.

I hope I can phrase this for you to understand easier.

And I apologize for being unclear, USSR, but what I meant was:

- How much working energy in the motor powering the rotors (how "big" is the motor; how "strong" is the helicopter)?

Last edited:

USSR

electrical system DC voltage 28V[/QUOTE]

What a hoot! I was afraid this would happen.

I hope I can phrase this for you to understand easier.

And I apologize for being unclear, USSR, but what I meant was:

- How much working energy in the motor powering the rotors (how "big" is the motor; how "strong" is the helicopter)?
Rotor has eight blades with hinged blades and hydraulic dampers .

Blades have a rectangular shape with improved aerodynamic profiles have a relative thickness of 0.12 and 0.09 at the butt end of the blade twist and moderate wind .
Blades mixed construction with tubular steel spar , joined by 26 sections with ribs , a shell of fiberglass and honeycomb (Special filler for porous metals) .
Blade socks corrosion protected plate of titanium alloy. 0,835 m chord blades , blade tip peripheral speed of 220 m / s .

Five-bladed tail rotor diameter of 7.67 m, with rectangular blades made ​​of fiberglass.

The power plant consists of two helicopter turboshaft engines D-136 takeoff power of 11,400 hp and auxiliary power unit (APU) TA-88 (located on the cockpit on the left side and runs an engine and drive electric and hydraulic systems and air conditioning systems in the parking lot).

Another Ahab

The power plant consists of two helicopter turboshaft engines D-136 takeoff power of 11,400 hp and auxiliary power unit (APU) TA-88
Whoa!! There it is; thanks USSR.

That things is a HOSS (as in "Horse" , meaning "WOW: it can DO some work"). Yee-haw.

Your posts are always great, USSR; thank you.

USSR

So Russian in my country .... Politicians do not want to discuss, just pictures ...
UMcqmw8.jpgQv6mtma.jpg

B3.3T

Ukraine is a very big country and Russian forces are only in Crimea, where they had bases anyway. They have secured and occupied Crimea, no where else. It is a political move, there will be no fighting.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Old saying, "Give an inch, take a mile." Still, one day at a time. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
God bless,
Tony

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everyone, keep this a picture thread and NOT a political thread.

USSR, thank you for your contributions to this site and stay safe.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks